• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Super Bee project

Should be a hump on the left of the clutch pedal. I used AMD Pan. The floor shift hump is pretty straight forward. Meets up to the fire wall. Second pic. is from fire to floor pan line to opening of the shift boot location.
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG

Awesome, that help a ton. Thank you!!

If you look where the mallet is to left and look at the x matt you can see two holes punched in the x and matt word that is where you will find the holes for the dimmer switch. In the front in the fender wheel you will see the holes for the bolt's to come through.
IMG_0103 (4).JPG

Been a while since my last update, kinda had a standstill on funds for a minute.

I did get the Redondo radio in from retro manufacturing. I was pretty excited about this but was a little disappointed when it showed up. most of it is real cheap plastic and feels like its gonna break. Didnt come with any instructions and just had a card that said to visit the website, and the website instructions were real vague. I emailed customer support and asked a few questions, they sent a response that didnt answer my question at all and then just stopped responding altogether. I was able to find some help on a forum from someone else who had a similar experience. so i've got it installed in the dash and I'm really hoping that the sound and convenience makes up for my experience with is so far. I was also able to get a front speaker as well as two rear speakers in.

I ended up selling a 74 Chevy pickup truck I had and used all the profits from that to order parts. So I've got a carb rebuild kit, an engine gasket kit, fuel tank/lines/filler neck, body weather strip kit, a tachometer, a few various other parts here and there and I've got money for a front disc conversion kit stashed away once they come in stock again. I'll be getting all kinds of parts trickling in over the next couple weeks, so hopefully I'll be posting progress on here much more frequently.

I still need a radiator, I'm pretty sure its got a 26" hole, and I have a seven blade clutch fan I'm probably gonna run with, I'll just need a shroud. So any recommendations there would be appreciated. I was looking at champions and they seem like the best bang for the buck. I'm not opposed to running an electric fan, I just dont want to spend a ton of money. I'm also in Michigan, so it doesnt get super hot and I'm not going to be racing.

I also still need headers and exhaust. From what I've seen on here TTI seems to be the way to go, a little spendier but I guess they make up for it in ease of installation.

Then I'll just need a bunch of 4 speed conversion parts which I've already contacted brewers about, and I'll need seats. Probably just going to do Front seats for now so I can get it running, especially since rear seats seem hard to find and when you do find them they are real expensive. I've seen a couple late model charger rear seat mods for B-Bodies on here so I may go that route later on. but I'm not real worried about it at the moment, and I'd rather put my money into things that will get the car moving for now.

Anyways thats all I've got for now, figured I'd just give an update. Hopefully there'll be more to follow soon!

Started on the weather seals last weekend, still might be a little cold here for the adhesive to completely setup, so I think I’ll hold off on the rest for a warmer day. But I was able to install the dash speaker and wire that up to the radio. I bought a pre fabricated bracket with speakers installed, it didn’t quite fit, but with some modifications I was able to get it installed. That’s just about everything as far as the dash goes. I’m gonna do some more cleaning on it and then try to get it installed this weekend.

0E01A77A-E2CF-40FB-81F2-B371D3E89D78.jpeg
8DF30F72-8698-4664-9773-93892432D12C.jpeg
90E80523-23E5-4AE3-9BB1-8D44558FFEA4.jpeg
D0751956-FC56-4A6E-8279-BC32EACC153F.jpeg

I'm also in Michigan, so it doesn't get super hot and I'm not going to be racing.
I got a chuckle out of that one. I've been to Chelsea several times in years past (Mopar Nationals used to be there...)
and every time, it was roasty-toasty; real "sunburn hell out of the albino" weather. :lol:

Keep at her, you'll get her done!:thumbsup:

@moparedtn haha I guess I should clarify, it’ll get hot for maybe a couple weeks out of the year. But it’s not year round Arizona heat.

Started on the weather seals last weekend, still might be a little cold here for the adhesive to completely setup, so I think I’ll hold off on the rest for a warmer day. But I was able to install the dash speaker and wire that up to the radio. I bought a pre fabricated bracket with speakers installed, it didn’t quite fit, but with some modifications I was able to get it installed. That’s just about everything as far as the dash goes. I’m gonna do some more cleaning on it and then try to get it installed this weekend.

View attachment 1259844 View attachment 1259841 View attachment 1259842 View attachment 1259843
What radio did you go with?

So I finished all the wiring aft of the firewall and got the dash installed. Have a few parts left over but everything seems sturdy so I’m gonna let it ride for now. I need to figure out where the fuel tank sender wire is supposed to pass through cause the floor is a generic repop and doesn’t necessarily have markings for everything.

Still have to screw the dimmer switch into the floor, and one of the speakers doesn’t quite fit into the holes on the back window shelf so I’ll have to grind that out a little bit.

Also got the door weather seals installed but realized I have to get the windows installed next to get everything aligned properly.

I also got the gas tank in and all the stuff for that so I’m gonna have to do some research on that and get that installed.

As always any advise or words of wisdom are welcome and appreciated! Thanks!
711B4063-348A-4A04-946B-FB52A17F8FEF.jpeg
6EA8B835-C46C-4D8B-8342-8BAF9D73CFD8.jpeg
6F82CD7C-3EED-48C4-A9D8-B8DA84F9511C.jpeg
6B6FD752-6614-417F-A74B-B30C5DCD1029.jpeg

Also in the process I realized I don’t have a heater box, so rather than being patient and getting one I’m just gonna run without it. I have the part that goes on the other side of the firewall so I’ll put that on to cover the hole and put metal tape over the rest of the holes.

Ok, regarding your rear speaker installing can we get a historian to chime in. It seems , at least to my b bodies that the rear speaker cut outs were made for different size speakers, seems maybe a 6x9 on one side and a 5x7 on the other, correct , yes or no. I don't think one could order a standard pair of 6x9 rears for our sixty and early seventies cars. Yes-No. And for the rear cutouts, did they drop them in from the top or were they put in from the bottom. I put in a long bolts from the top , nutted them tight, and doubled nutted the speaker from the trunk. My thinking is that if I wish to change them later the rear package tray cover won't have to be removed. Great progress Sir, I like it. :thumbsup:

Ok, regarding your rear speaker installing can we get a historian to chime in. It seems , at least to my b bodies that the rear speaker cut outs were made for different size speakers, seems maybe a 6x9 on one side and a 5x7 on the other, correct , yes or no. I don't think one could order a standard pair of 6x9 rears for our sixty and early seventies cars. Yes-No. And for the rear cutouts, did they drop them in from the top or were they put in from the bottom. I put in a long bolts from the top , nutted them tight, and doubled nutted the speaker from the trunk. My thinking is that if I wish to change them later the rear package tray cover won't have to be removed. Great progress Sir, I like it. :thumbsup:
That’s interesting, I hadnt considered mounting from the bottom, the holes line up so I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. I got a standard pair of 6x9 speakers and one was able to drop right in, the other doesn’t drop in but the holes line up. If I can get away from cutting the package tray that would be ideal, but I’m also not opposed to it if that’s what it comes down too. It’s just a clone so It’s not like I’d be messing up a numbers matching car or anything.

I am with ya on that one, I don't cut sheet metal anymore if there is any way around it. I just left the smaller hole over the bigger speaker and my old ears cannot hear any difference in the sound.

Hey everyone, I’ve been creeping on here for a long time, posted a couple years ago about my wife surprising me by getting me my dream project car, and now I’ve finally moved into a house with a garage and Im going to be able to start work on it! When I got it, it was in primer paint it came with a 400 and a 727 and the previous owner didn’t know anything about it. It didn’t have a fender tag, but the VIN said it was originally a coronet with a 383. So I figured since it wasn’t coming with numbers matching stuff or a fender tag I’d turn it into a super bee.
One does not turn a car into something it is not; one can, however, clone it into something else if desired.
Not a thing wrong with a clone, as long as it's always presented as such; otherwise, there's an element
of dishonesty there.

That one looks like a doozy of a nice project and it looks like you're doing a great job with it!
congrats.jpg

One does not turn a car into something it is not; one can, however, clone it into something else if desired.
Not a thing wrong with a clone, as long as it's always presented as such; otherwise, there's an element
of dishonesty there.

That one looks like a doozy of a nice project and it looks like you're doing a great job with it!
View attachment 1297701
Guess I should’ve chose my words more carefully, but yes it’s gonna be a clone, and I’m never gonna advertise it otherwise. I’m never gonna sell it or anything like that anyways so it’s just gonna be what I want it to be.

Actually, ‘68’s package holes were opposite direction to each other. Very few Fm radios back then. The hole that ran parallel with body was for a rear defrost fan setup.(blew air up from trunk area)

Auto Transport Service
Back