• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 70 SE 500 Charger Rebuild

We all have the right to build our cars to please ourselves.
I like a slight rake to my cars as well. I doubt your car will drop 4 inches when it is done and on the road but if that is the look you're after, go for it. The increased height was popular in the 70s...

Charger 604.jpg

Charger 612.jpg

I used to like the look too but I've also loved the look of the NASCAR Chargers:

Charger NC 1.jpg
Charger NC 4.jpg

I love that look for the street.

Road racer.png

I can see how a higher ride height appeals to others. Rough roads in snowy climates is one good reason.
Cheers....

The rear suspension is all new, and I’m not sure how much the body will drop once the car is done and gas tank is full. I perfect some height to the rear. Not a fan of a saggy rear end.
You’ll be surprised how much your car will settle with that new suspension. Especially those rear springs. I tried the slam look and all but I like the slight rake look the best. I need to crank my front T-Bars up a bit and get it re-aligned by someone who knows what they are doing. The back tires are 285/45 and I think they are perfect after the new SS springs settled but I’m going wider the next round.
759A1163-9DE4-4A23-83BE-96675E18C5BD.jpeg

Interior is done!! Next is the engine transmission and exhaust..
FD5E0963-D4D1-4299-AE63-9B66C6EE417F.jpeg
34F3CF76-F8D2-426E-836F-93BAAC43FDF0.jpeg
93478477-E369-4474-97C1-C71FED22D3B0.jpeg
9009D49E-63AA-4A77-ACF1-41FF69162012.jpeg

Hey, Duran....now you have that NEW old car smell! The fresh carpet and seat upholstery puts off a smell that is so great!

LOVE the 6 pack scoop,had one one my 69 charger

I love that new and old smell!!
It is somewhat intoxicating...as if you're transported back to 1970 when the car was new.
Your color choice is great. I'm glad to see the car come together nicely. Good for you, man!

Looks great! But are you leaving the blue door panels with your black/charcoal interior?

It is somewhat intoxicating...as if you're transported back to 1970 when the car was new.
Your color choice is great. I'm glad to see the car come together nicely. Good for you, man!
I was 26 years old when I bought this car. Now I’m 65, and I’m going to enjoy every day I get to drive it!! It’s my time machine to the past!!

Last edited:
Looks great! But are you leaving the blue door panels with your black/charcoal interior?
Yes…. The blue panels are original!! The black and blue was how I purchased the car.

Yes…. The blue panels are original!! The black and blue was how I purchased the car.
No offense, I was just asking. I had many chargers and never had or saw a interior of two different colors. One other Exception was a white interior with a black dash assembly. Sorry if my question sounded negative. Just was wondering.

Auto Transport Service
Back