• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 73 build

Wait till I'm finished re polishing them and put them right back on just like back in the day except I think I'll skip the air shocks maybe lol

I dunno, air shocks aren't the evil empire like some make out. just don't crank thm up to 120 pounds!

I dunno, air shocks aren't the evil empire like some make out. just don't crank thm up to 120 pounds!

I never under stood the Air shock evil either? I know some claim it will brake shock mounts but I never had it happen to me back in the day? But like ya said you wernt supposed to put much more air into them than just enough to lift the *** end hi enough to keep the body off the tires and it worked everyone did it back in the day. As I remember the alternative was unsightly huge Spring shackles sticking down & out the *** end but ya didn't have to worry about any more air leaks and your car sagging down over your tires and cutting them up when you were out and about.

All the same I need to give some serious thought to the rear end I put in this car, the housing is a 8 3/4 from a 71 Charger the center Pig is a 489 Case Cone Type Sure grip with 4:88 gears The Axles were a bit Hard to get fully seated. I have never installed axles that were that tight before. They started out really easy sliding in and got harder to go in the tighter things got it spins over fine when lifted and the car does roll but still wondering if any one has any ideas about how tight things are? I should check?

Sorry about updates on this project not long after last pic was taken I discovered an adhesion issue with my Base coat not adhering to my Epoxy primmer and all Base coat must be removed and start over to say the least I was devastated and I lost interest in project for a while. I have since started on Paint removal once completed I will get back on the Job with putting this beast back on the road.

Well I looked at it yesterday in disgust as I had to turn my attention to my Fire bird project, were I welded in a Patch on the rear quarter panel.

WOW its been 5 years since my last post! The car is still siting as it was when I discovered the adhesion issue except most of the red was stripped back off to bare metal, But the 70 Firebird is nearing completion now.

Promise to self complete this car after Firebird!

Auto Transport Service
Back