• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 73 Roadrunner Project

Wow just a stunning Roadrunner! You have set the bar high for the guys restoring the 73-74 cars. I have always loved this body style and this car just makes me want one even more!

Keep us posted and can't wait to see some out on the road shots.

Thanks man, its amazing how much the white stripes make it look even more red, practically had to wear sun glass when the first stripe went on, I was amazed how bright it looked.

Just having a hard time believing this is what it looked like 3 years ago!
IMAG0070small.jpg

Hey I drive,You never did have the rear filler pieces ,I see in the picture from three years ago. I'm glad they worked out for you and the whole car really looks good. The rear filler peices look alot better than when they was on my car.

wow finally done and what a great looking and a very nice job well done thanks its been fun ,now what's your next project :headbang:

Just browsed the whole thread, what a nice job, you should be proud...

Great work. Where did you get the dash pad from? I'm not having any luck.

So, its been a while since I updated here, but at least I have some progress. Finally got a dash pad that fits, and getting the electrical done for the most part took a bit of time, but mostly installing the dash with all the piping for the heater/ac venting was tricky and the steering column. but its done, the engine is all hooked up, and I fired her for the first time in the car yesterday! Its been 28 years since the engine was running in the car, but she fired right up with no issues. Getting closer to being able to back her out of the garage again, I just have to button up some of the wire routing and finish the dash, then its on to installing the tie rod ends and drag link, doing some mechanical checks, etc, then on to the interior! These projects sure do consume a lot of time!!!!

Here are some pictures of the engine and dash. Waiting on the AC compressor to come back from being restored, hopefully will have that back in about a month. Also included a couple of photos of the power steering cooler that I installed. This was from an aftermarket cooler I found and I fabricated the bracket. I think it should work out well as I noted when the engine is running the fan pushes a lot of air across the cooler in this location. I tried to keep it as close to the original setup as possible.

View attachment 145254
View attachment 145255

Here is the pump cooler
View attachment 145256
View attachment 145257

Oh, and Bruce, no flooding in my immediate area, but if you were to go about 5 miles in any direction, it was a mess!!!

Mine was from Carolina Super dash, but after I got mine, Carol, the owner was taking a leave of absence, so I don't know if she came back or what the deals is with them now.

awesome job!!!! I love it!!

In a way I feel bad for you, because so many morons are going to ask about the "starsky and hutch" car now... which anyone who was paying attention knows it's a Torino, but to the rest of the morons, it's a red car with a white L-shaped stripe.

sjd

in school I had a Starsky & Hutch Torino, and a neighbor kid called it the Dukes car

in school I had a Starsky & Hutch Torino, and a neighbor kid called it the Dukes car

LOL!!!!

I'm a mechanical engineer and worked with an industrial design firm for a while. The number of people who can't grasp the concept of a shape or color or make the correct correlation to things is astonishing. For kid, it was.... CAR + Seen it on TV = must be Dukes.

sjd

We will see, but yes, you are right, the ignorant folks I'm sure will call it a Starsky car. I really don't care, and those folks will most likely get the middle finger or a comment from me on how ignorant they are! LOL However, the people that really know what it is hopefully will appreciate it.

When my wife gets mad, or funny i call it she uses her little finger for me, when i asked she said thats for those who don't deserve the best. :) You may hang out in more places then me but surprising no one has ever asked or said anything about the "Starsky and Hutch" thing... Ah, they wont, even non believers know a great car from a.... what kind of car was that again! ROFL.. :)
Enjoy yourself buddy, You earned the right and have one beautiful car to do it in!!!

Thanks Ron I guess we shall see what happens with folks but I just want to go drive!

Man it is even more beautiful sitting out in the sunlight. Can I borrow the keys next weekend? Outstanding job on that car. It needs to be a featured car at Carlisle.

glad you did very nice good job :headbang:

Man it is even more beautiful sitting out in the sunlight. Can I borrow the keys next weekend? Outstanding job on that car. It needs to be a featured car at Carlisle.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!! Doubt it will ever make it to Carlisle as that's on the other side of the country from me. Plus this year is the same weekend as my 30th high school reunion, so I will be there anyway! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back