• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car’s first official appearance!

wasco

Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
I was out of excuses and gathered up my courage to take my ‘68 out to a Charger cruise-in yesterday! The car did great - minus the fan relay dying and I had to use a wire jumper to get it working again - and it was a beautiful day! Really great turnout and some amazing cars. Everyone was very welcoming and it really calmed my nerves after my white-knuckle drive out there. Made some new friends and had a great day. The Mopar community is cool and I love my car!

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6565.jpeg

IMG_6567.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_6585.jpeg

IMG_6590.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

Beautiful!

And that's what it's all about! Getting these old girls back on the road and enjoying them. Glad you had a great time.

wow, chargers are plentiful in Spokane

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nice cars! The Chargers showed up in force! The first time I took the Chargervert out for a ride I got a face full of black beauty sandblasting sand,but even that couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

What flavor ice cream did you get?

Nice cars! The Chargers showed up in force! The first time I took the Chargervert out for a ride I got a face full of black beauty sandblasting sand,but even that couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

When I left the show, I got it up to 50 headed over to a friend's house and a big bunch of old pine needles and dirt landed in my lap! Must have come from the last strip of the headliner I left along the windshield. Mice must have packed it in there.

Also some original paint Road Runners were in attendance. Beautiful!

IMG_6604.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg

glad you had fun,thats what its all about.

It feels great don’t it. Especially when it’s a car that you built. This was the first time I took my car out and the feeling was awesome when it was well received.

6869A635-E9C6-4AB7-8824-BD1256810CE3.jpeg

The pine needles came out of the cowl - since I have the A/C all removed, it could fall straight into the cab. I need to cover those openings! Makes more sense they’d be in there instead of the headliner.

Why white-knucked? Other drivers that bad? Or is there something about your car that isn't right and makes you nervous?

Nice looking ride! Been driving my '70 the last couple days after finally replacing my engine harness, and getting the charging system working again! Now to fix the gas gauge....

Auto Transport Service
Back