• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

Mine does. I assume that's what this last one is for.

20180909_213253[1].jpg

Last edited:
I just received my headliner. I hadn't had time to check it until this morning. Mine also has a pocket for that little bow. I feel like that will be a hard bow to install.
I got the cheaper headliner when I started could not get the wrinkles out ended up pulling a seam a little, ended up getting a legendary, much better product imo. I still had to extend the loop pockets on the back sail panel to get the wrinkles out of them, don't know if that was installer or manufacturer error. I put mine in with about 15 pony clamps and let it set then continued to stretch it over a period of about two weeks, even rolled it out in the sun to heat it up and more wrinkles would appear. glued at the end with 3m spray adhesive sprayed into a paint cap and painted on with a brush. turned out quite well but a few more wrinkles appeared
20180712_192813.jpg
20180712_192821.jpg
20180712_192917.jpg
will have to stretch it a little more. good luck your car it is looking great!

I got the cheaper headliner when I started could not get the wrinkles out ended up pulling a seam a little, ended up getting a legendary, much better product imo. I still had to extend the loop pockets on the back sail panel to get the wrinkles out of them, don't know if that was installer or manufacturer error. I put mine in with about 15 pony clamps and let it set then continued to stretch it over a period of about two weeks, even rolled it out in the sun to heat it up and more wrinkles would appear. glued at the end with 3m spray adhesive sprayed into a paint cap and painted on with a brush. turned out quite well but a few more wrinkles appearedView attachment 654282 View attachment 654284 View attachment 654285 will have to stretch it a little more. good luck your car it is looking great!
I did get my headliner from Legendary because of advice given. If I can get mine to look like your's Don, I will be happy. It would be good if I could get to installing it now because our temperature is still around 100* but I am so busy that I don't know when I will be able to get to it. Probably when it gets cold and work slows down.

me too Mcdonalds will be on my agenda for some time. on the back burner for a while.

I got the cheaper headliner when I started could not get the wrinkles out ended up pulling a seam a little, ended up getting a legendary, much better product imo. I still had to extend the loop pockets on the back sail panel to get the wrinkles out of them, don't know if that was installer or manufacturer error. I put mine in with about 15 pony clamps and let it set then continued to stretch it over a period of about two weeks, even rolled it out in the sun to heat it up and more wrinkles would appear. glued at the end with 3m spray adhesive sprayed into a paint cap and painted on with a brush. turned out quite well but a few more wrinkles appearedView attachment 654282 View attachment 654284 View attachment 654285 will have to stretch it a little more. good luck your car it is looking great!

Is that a B5 blue Hellcat?

I had a few minuets to work on my sun visors today. My car was missing many parts and my sun visors were thrashed. I'm glad I didn't through them away because I didn't realize that I would need the hardware from the old ones to mount onto the new ones. After a little cleaning and repainting the hardware looked as good as new and could be added to the new visors.
IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

I’m glad you decided to do it yourself, a good feeling when you achieve the results from your own work. If you go to my resto link below, post number 286 has some links to some good how to’s which helped me through my headliner install.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/monroes-70-gtx.30760/page-15
I think i mentioned it earlier, put in the screws for your coat hanger hooks, sun visors, dome light and whatever else you may have first, so you can find them to make the openings when you’re done. Make sure you have the dome wiring sitting up right where it has to come through so that you can pull it through easily without having to search for it with a wire hook or something. Leave all your cuts for the screws and dome light till last, after you’re happy with the tension of everything. If you make a cut too early,and then find you have to pull the liner forward some more, you’ll ruin your liner. Make sure you hook up your listing wires on the rear bow as that is where the tension begins for the rest as you make your way forward. All the best, i think you’ll do great. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had a few minuets to work on my sun visors today. My car was missing many parts and my sun visors were thrashed. I'm glad I didn't through them away because I didn't realize that I would need the hardware from the old ones to mount onto the new ones. After a little cleaning and repainting the hardware looked as good as new and could be added to the new visors.
View attachment 656066
View attachment 656067
View attachment 656068

Looks awesome, can you please post up what paint you used?

Thanks

Jase

I’m glad you decided to do it yourself, a good feeling when you achieve the results from your own work. If you go to my resto link below, post number 286 has some links to some good how to’s which helped me through my headliner install.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/monroes-70-gtx.30760/page-15
I think i mentioned it earlier, put in the screws for your coat hanger hooks, sun visors, dome light and whatever else you may have first, so you can find them to make the openings when you’re done. Make sure you have the dome wiring sitting up right where it has to come through so that you can pull it through easily without having to search for it with a wire hook or something. Leave all your cuts for the screws and dome light till last, after you’re happy with the tension of everything. If you make a cut too early,and then find you have to pull the liner forward some more, you’ll ruin your liner. Make sure you hook up your listing wires on the rear bow as that is where the tension begins for the rest as you make your way forward. All the best, i think you’ll do great. :thumbsup:
My liner came with extra material for the visors, I might try redo them with it. Here's a nice thread for info , you may have found it already> http://restorick.com/tech/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7
Thanks guys, Monroe I did take note from you about the screw heads. I am also going over all of the info sites and videos and reviewing everything and I'm sure I will stop and review during my whole installation and as I come up with questions I will ask questions from some of you with experience.

Looks awesome, can you please post up what paint you used?

Thanks

Jase
I will let you know what color I used tomorrow. I can't remember off the top of my head but it is a metallic color that I like have used it for several parts.

We got to work on finishing up the wiring and fuel lines on the Citabria and then fired it up for the first time.

Auto Transport Service
Back