• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

Wow, looks like a dealership! Are they all still on the road?
Of the cars pictured, only the first white car in the first picture is still on the road. The second white car is the one that my son is restoring and other family members have plans of restoring some of the others. There are actually a few other 64 Galaxie 500 XL cars in the family that are not pictured.

SHE SINGS!
I worked on some more wiring and got my speakers installed and the radio hooked up. My original factory radio FM upgrade works great, even the blue tooth works.
IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

When I was trying to hook up the door cab light switch the electrical harness that I bought had a round single male plug and my original door switches have a double spade plug. I could not find a double receiver plug so I cut off the harness plug and installed a single receiver plug, plugged it in and put heat shrink around both spades. I think it will work fine.
IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

I also got the antenna installed.
IMG_0150.JPG

FYI, I put some panty hose over the top of the speakers to keep stuff from falling through the slots and making a buzzing noise on the speaker.

I have been working on cleaning my original rear window trying to decide if I should keep it.
It cleaned up well but has some etched marks where the trim rubbed against it. I think the trim will hide most of it.
Time to work on it is always hard to find. Lately I have been working on trying to keep up with the yard. Usually we don't get enough rain for many weeds to grow but this year we have had a good amount of rain for this area and the fox tails and mustard weed, in the back yard, have taken off and have grown two feet tall. I have been mowing them and feeding them to the cows.
IMG_0157.JPG

We still have snow piles here. But about gone.
yeti.jpg

I am getting things ready so I can try to install my headliner. I installed the headliner sail panel backing boards.

The old ones were attached with this pin.
IMG_0151.JPG

After yanking out the old pin I'm sure that it would not hold properly again so I replaced it with a low profile wide head screw.
IMG_0152.JPG

The pre-punched hole was not located were I needed it so I just made a new hole.
IMG_0153.JPG

May have to recreate that photo!
I took your advice and thought that it would be fun and recreate this photo almost 50 years later.
We also finally got all the paper work and registrations from the FAA and are legal to fly the rebuilt Citabria. We are looking for a good calm day when we have time to do a test flight.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

I have to show one last post on the Citabria.
It was a beautiful calm day yesterday after work so we took her out for the first flight. My dad got to be the first test pilot.

Auto Transport Service
Back