• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dream car "General Lee" project

Awesome! I grew up watching the show, as well. Love The General! It's going to be a great father/son project.

always remember....its your car you build it the way you want to. what fun would it be if we all build them the same way. good luck with the build and have fun with it with your son.

Looks great!

Which orange did you use to paint it?

Jason

As a kid in the 70's I loved that show and hearing the opening credits and the sound of the engine as that Charger ran around in Hazzard County being chased by Roscoe P Coltrane .. Catherine Bach wasn't bad either

daisy-duke-road-runner-1.jpg

it's really the reason I LOVE 71-74 b bodies....

sjd

great car and time with your boy. really like the choice of wheels.

Cool beans! Go straighten some curves and flatten some hills!

[video=youtube;zRX4mlFi06A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A[/video]
I can't stand country music but I have that song on my Ipod and love it every time it comes on "Good Ol Boys".

I can't stand country music but I have that song on my Ipod and love it every time it comes on "Good Ol Boys".

Not a country guy eh? Here's a gem to blast in your shop on friday nights...lol

[video=youtube;1zRKE0fpFeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zRKE0fpFeQ[/video]

Haha, nice one Prop. That doesn't sound like country to me at all "more like 50's music". I only dislike country because most of what I've heard just depresses me or annoys me with the steel guitars, fiddles and violins blahhhhhhhhh. Sorry, all rock here but I do like the oldies, Rascals, Buddy Holley, CCR for sure, Temptations and so on. How's this one for you? [video=youtube_share;EwPRm5UMe1A]http://youtu.be/EwPRm5UMe1A[/video]

Haha, nice one Prop. That doesn't sound like country to me at all "more like 50's music". I only dislike country because most of what I've heard just depresses me or annoys me with the steel guitars, fiddles and violins blahhhhhhhhh. Sorry, all rock here but I do like the oldies, Rascals, Buddy Holley, CCR for sure, Temptations and so on. How's this one for you? [video=youtube_share;EwPRm5UMe1A]http://youtu.be/EwPRm5UMe1A[/video]

Lost far too young .. RIP Jim

You know, I'm not a country music fan at all, but I can handle listening to some Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings. OK, George Jones as well... but that's borderline.

Realy Great to see a father and son doing this together ! In todays world if you can put a Wrench in there hands instead of a Video game your all the better !!
God Love ya man !!

As a kid in the 70's I loved that show and hearing the opening credits and the sound of the engine as that Charger ran around in Hazzard County being chased by Roscoe P Coltrane .. Catherine Bach wasn't bad either

daisy-duke-road-runner-1.jpg

I don't think i would have had any problems going for a ride with her in that bird! "Honest honey, i just love the cars in this here show!" :yes:

A couple more pics of my project

Here's a couple more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 260
Very nice looking engine compartment, I like it.

Welcome to FBBO! Great pics! Great car and definitely enjoy those times! Oh and don't let anyone tell you otherwise on your build!

Looks great and I love the fact that you are getting your son involved.

When I retire from the Air Force in about 10 years I will be tackleing my own '69 Charger project and I have seriously thought about building it as my interpretation of the "General." My 3 girls will be between 15 and 23 by then but I do plan to get them involved. In the meantime I have a 2012 Challenger R/T to expose them to.

Denis

I could almost "hear" Waylen's guitar kicking into the intro...... great looking project!! Enjoy that time with your son!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back