• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My free 69 charger R/T restoration

WOW, you would get along with Mopar4don! That's one serious undertaking! Good luck and way to go on saving another.

I remember the story leading up to this, You do have some work ahead of you but the end result is super cool thinking about it, one more Mopar saved... Best of luck to you!!! :)

Don is doing stuff i think only a super man can do, You, i imagine will get plenty of inspiration with his thread! You'll get it and think what your buddys are going to do, they may want that Charger lol :) The Charger is one of the finest Ma Mopar came up with,, Great project... enjoy!!!

Small update, I levelled the frame jig good yesterday to prepare the "car" for dismantling. Also got the roof skin off. I then started cutting my xp29 charger from my original resto thread into pieces some of which will be repurposed on the RT and some which will be turned back into planet earth (some doesn't have far to go lol).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,845
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,908
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,909
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,926
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,881
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,893
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,909
Wow! Gotta say you got some big ones taking on this job! I've got a 72 Challenger and a 64 Fury that are in pretty much the same shape. I'll keep up with your progress. After looking at Don's, I know anything is possible.

This is inspiring to me. I can't wait to watch it progress..Reminds me I need to get out and work on my Roadrunner.

Now I think I've seen it all. Pat you're taking on a heck of a project I'm going to pay close attention to this thread because there are few that I've seen brought back from the dead when they were in this kind of shape. You've got some cohones. Thx for the inspiration.

Thanks Daytona kid! I may pull the trigger in the next couple of days and order the $4000 in new metal I need to finish the back half of the car.

i feel like you can get this done pat,it takes drive,dedication,determination,and having a goal in your mind to strive for and of course a little money will help too.best wishes.

I put the satellite roof structure and firewall on my hoist to make it easier to work at and started some patching.​

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I had trouble uploading the last pic and when it finally did it ended up there three times once upside down :shruggy:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,701
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,694
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,686
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,707
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,721
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,685
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 549
Incredible, and it shows what some talent and tenacity can do with a car that most of us would have written off as complete scrap.

All I can say is that I am not worthy....

Just fantastic! Super job. Keep up the good work!

I bit the bullett and put my AMD order in. Both full rear quarters, trunk extensions, tail panel and valance, valance corners and roof skin. Also recieved these new door posts and matched them up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,346
Wow, cant even imagine.. and I thought mine was bad... you rock!:headbang:

This is not "rebuilding" a charger, This is "building" a charger!
A giant 3d jigsaw puzzle. Saluting you bro! Chargers Rule!
The Dodge brothers are even watching this one..

And I thought my GTX was bad!
I get that a lot Donny lol! Once I get all the patchwork done on the firewall and get the satellite rear roof structure removed then I have to try and get the whole thing blasted and in epoxy primer.

Auto Transport Service
Back