• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My free 69 charger R/T restoration

My hat's off to you. You can't ask for a better group of people to cheer you on.

It was like Christmas came early today!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Anyone know of this place?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,283
Taking shape!!!

Yes, I know you need to permanently mount them, but still, that has to be good motivation! Nice work!

I did the same with my GTX!!

- - - Updated - - -

make sure your trunk lid fits good before you weld the quarters!

Small update, I haven't been at it much admits been busy at work, Christmas and watching lil guy when wife works. Got a few patches done on the donor firewall/roof structure. Also removed the rear inner roof webbing around the rear window as the structure is from a satellite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,169
unbelievable progress, I love it!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Last edited:
Wow! Great job indeed! Keep up the good work! Can't wait t see it completed!

This is the pic of the inner webbing removed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,097
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,108
wow thought I was the only one that started with a windshield and vin number .. congrats your a trooper i'll post a few pics in a little bit of what I started with

wow thought I was the only one that started with a windshield and vin number .. congrats your a trooper i'll post a few pics in a little bit of what I started with
I seen your thread, you one upped me by having a windshield, mine didn't have one peice of glass left at all lol.

The first new metal to meet what will someday hopefully be a solid rust free body. Inner and outer rockers. Forgot to get pics of the removal of the rear quarter window structure and old inner and outer rockers. It is only clamped and screwed for now as there's a lot more metal to replace around it yet.
DSCF1216.jpgDSCF1217.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
Hey Pat,
Is there anyway you can get your pics larger?
I really cant see a whole lot, and if we can see then I think you might get someone to speak up, and maybe save you.

Hey Pat,
Is there anyway you can get your pics larger?
I really cant see a whole lot, and if we can see then I think you might get someone to speak up, and maybe save you.

Hey Don, I will have to take some with my wife's digital camera tomorrow. I took those with my phone. Can I question what you mean about saving me? More bracing inside the car? I was thinking of that earlier tonight, it's well braces underneith and I left the floors in for now. I have rechecked all
mu measurements from before I removed the rockers but am thinking I should add some bracing.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back