• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my garage rebuild

Hopfully one day I will get to build a dream shop as nice as this one!!! Good job

Still at it. I got the slatwall up and finished trimming out the windows and doors:

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

I think that I would build the garage when ,this one is looking more like a nice play room with three nice size doors :edgy:

Well, I took about a month off from working on the garage, i was starting to get burned out. I finished up the treads and risers last week. This week I finished up the baseboards:

024.jpg025.jpg

001.jpg002.jpg005.jpg

Next, I'm going to apply the fire retardant to the wood and then stain:

006.jpg

I'm leaning toward the darker shade on this sample piece (darker is on top):
008.jpg

024.jpg 025.jpg 001.jpg 002.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 008.jpg

Outstanding!!!! love the wood/color combo. very comfortable and inviting to women... hhmmmm...

that could be good or bad... depending.. just kidding. great space!!

Nice shop! I've been in the process of getting approval for mine for waaay too long now, so I am living vicariously through you. Keep up the good work!

What are your thoughts on the flame retardant? Is this just for your own piece of mind or a code requirement? I was eyeballing that stuff for my own garage.

What a great looking shop you've re-built ! ! ! great job ! ! !

Okay - I'm jealous . . .

What are your thoughts on the flame retardant? Is this just for your own piece of mind or a code requirement? I was eyeballing that stuff for my own garage.

Just for peace of mind. I responded to a garage fire a few years ago and witnessed the devastation first-hand. That guy lost 4 cars, all his tools, bunch of guns and the garage itself, in less than an hour, started by a small spark while welding.

Fire retardant is a good idea. Remember what my neighbor went through the other day??? When you least expect it, expect it. Fire doesn't care, you know the deal.
If your car turns out half as nice as your garage is, you will definitely have a head turner for sure. Keep up the awesome job and thanks for sharing!!!!
You definitely have some skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Fire retardant is a good idea. Remember what my neighbor went through the other day??? When you least expect it, expect it. Fire doesn't care, you know the deal.
If your car turns out half as nice as your garage is, you will definitely have a head turner for sure. Keep up the awesome job and thanks for sharing!!!!
You definitely have some skills.

I'm still at it. I applied the Flamex and stained the wood. I also got my Liftmaster 8500 installed.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Thank you. I will update with pics tomorrow. It looks a little different now :)

A little update; I've been spending the past several days going through plastic bins trying to get stuff organized. Getting there:
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

HOLY ****! I'm jealous! NICE work! The pine wood work was a bit of work I know, but the looks in the end are worth it!

Wow what a bad a$$ shop/garage. First I've seen this thread. I'm jealous. Now get going on that car build. :blob1:

Auto Transport Service
Back