• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My life altered for all time

Our deepest condolences to you and your family. Veterans have always had a special place in our hearts.

At approximately 6:30 pm a National Guard Blackhawk helicopter crashed near Rochester, NY. My son was on that chopper, like the rest of the crew he was killed. He served one tour in Iraq and a second tour in Afghanistan flying medevac choppers. He's been a guardsman for nearly 20 years. He has been a civilian pilot for about 5 years for the NYS Police. He has 2 other brothers who are also pilots, one who also flew Blackhawks in the Army and the one a civilian fixed wing pilot. Their Grandfather, my father in law, was a corporate pilot for Eastman Kodak in Rochester, NY. Since this forum is so family oriented I thought you folks would like to know this. My son's name is Christian Koch. Thank you, his Father, Dave.
Dear God in Heaven, the strength it must have taken to have written this...I can't even begin to fathom it.
I am SO sorry for your loss, sir....and I grieve for your family.
Almost as strongly, I am so very GRATEFUL for all your family has and will sacrifice for the rest of us.
Thank you for taking a moment to write us and please accept my grattitude and condolences.
God bless you and yours, sir.

Dave, I was honored to have the friendship of your son Christian. He was one of the funniest guys I ever knew. We used to banter forth and people thought we were about to fight, we were just having fun. He was very close to Steve (also killed in the crash). Even though I retired in 2012, I would stop into the facility a couple times a year. Christian always gave me grief before he would let me in. He was a real cut up. I miss him terribly. I remember when he first came to the facility, I callled him a "guard bum" because he was always there volunteering for any flight or mission. He was a damn good pilot and a damn good friend. He will be missed.
I am very sorry for your loss and for the other 2 crewmen lost in this accident.
Please accept my most humble condolences on the loss of your son. They don't make them any better than him

Please PM me and we can talk, if you would like.

At approximately 6:30 pm a National Guard Blackhawk helicopter crashed near Rochester, NY. My son was on that chopper, like the rest of the crew he was killed. He served one tour in Iraq and a second tour in Afghanistan flying medevac choppers. He's been a guardsman for nearly 20 years. He has been a civilian pilot for about 5 years for the NYS Police. He has 2 other brothers who are also pilots, one who also flew Blackhawks in the Army and the one a civilian fixed wing pilot. Their Grandfather, my father in law, was a corporate pilot for Eastman Kodak in Rochester, NY. Since this forum is so family oriented I thought you folks would like to know this. My son's name is Christian Koch. Thank you, his Father, Dave.
I am very sorry for your loss

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what you are going through. My condolences to you and your loved ones. Prayers sent.

Very sorry to hear this Dave

God bless your son, Prayers for him and your entire family.

Dave, I'm sure we all share in your grief and appreciate how hard it was just to tell us this terrible news. I felt bad when I first heard about the crash, now it's just gotten closer to us all.
sympathy_candle.gif

Sorry for your loss praying for you and your family

Auto Transport Service
Back