• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Name is Earl Weaver am A big mopar nut

Earl Weaver

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I have been in the a bodys for many years and now have bought me a 68 dodge cornet R/t and need to do a few things to fix on lights on the dash lights don't work and a few other things the speedo. is reading way to fast about 35 mph need to fix that.

I will post some pictures of the later once I get it figured out thanks for the member ship

Earl

Welcome Earl!

You're not the Earl Weaver that I knew, guess you get that all the time...

Wiring problems are easy to figure out, I just did mine on a 68 Roadrunner. It just looks intimidating ...........Just kidding. it really was not this serious. I disconnected and by passed the amp gauge. This is a big problem in 60s MOPAR. The gauge itself or the wiring at the bulk head connector can over heat causing a major melt down or fire. A lot of guys don't know about this problem, at least until it happens. Should you decide to do this, I have good info on how it's done. Welcome and good luck with the car. (That big wad of wires in the photo....JUST A JOKE, couldn't help myself.}

IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5235.JPG IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5284.JPG

Welcome to the darkside...LOL

welcome to FBBO from NorCal

good luck with you 68 Coronet R/T project

check out http://www.madelectrical.com/
in the tech section a lot of great info

Welcome from Minnesota Earl.:welcome:

I would try a different speedometer gear if the speed isn't reading correctly. I just finished fixing the lights in my 1973 Charger, and my best friends in the process were a test light, sautering gun, sautering wire, heat shrink tubing, electrical cleanser, and new bulbs.

welcome aboard earl.

Auto Transport Service
Back