• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new hole in the water...

C’mon Mario - Come to Gods country - The Land of 15,000 Lakes. Winibigosh, Kabatogama, Leech, Red, thousands more in the great north country of Minnesota. Take a week or two and really go fishing. We like to tease with a friendly rivalry to our friends to the East in WI. They have ponds we have lakes. We have game fish they have cheese.

:thumbsup:

Lake Wisconsin is below Petenwell, right? It goes Petenwell, Castle Rock and then Lake Wisconsin?
Kinda, alot of miles between us and Castle Rock, but it's not passable due to dams. We can get to Portage and down to the Sauk dam. We camp on sand bars during the summer and throw out lines or just go up for the day. There's usually big congregations of boats on the bars, basically big parties but we usually find our own private bar to hang at

Kinda, alot of miles between us and Castle Rock, but it's not passable due to dams. We can get to Portage and down to the Sauk dam. We camp on sand bars during the summer and throw out lines or just go up for the day. There's usually big congregations of boats on the bars, basically big parties but we usually find our own private bar to hang at
Hey Bro - I get a kick out of you giving me the thumbs up on my above post teasing WI a bit given you’re from there. You know the drill - MN/WI just got to do it. Right now you have the Packers and we “don’t“ have the Vikings …..

Hey Bro - I get a kick out of you giving me the thumbs up on my above post teasing WI a bit given you’re from there. You know the drill - MN/WI just got to do it. Right now you have the Packers and we “don’t“ have the Vikings …..
I know nothing about NFL, but I'm a Wild fan.
I like the teasing it's all fun, especially since we get Illinois and Minnesota on our border.

My hole in the water is bigger than yours, be thankful. It’s taking away from needed things on my car.

14440A10-9E38-4843-8E3C-21415D11ABDC.jpeg

BB9A6435-E4BB-4896-BE8E-0DF2636CCF44.jpeg

01AE0021-9CA2-479F-B972-F47E82E35725.jpeg

C’mon Mario - Come to Gods country - The Land of 15,000 Lakes. Winibigosh, Kabatogama, Leech, Red, thousands more in the great north country of Minnesota. Take a week or two and really go fishing. We like to tease with a friendly rivalry to our friends to the East in WI. They have ponds we have lakes. We have game fish they have cheese.

I get one good week of fishin a year and I do head up to Minnesota. Kabetogema to be exact. Been going for the past 9 years straight. Though Reba wouldn't last 10 min on that lake! LOL

Ya, I need to find a couple of smaller lakes 2-3 hours away in WI that I can drag Reba to.

Paint question...

Looking to repaint Reba inside and out.

1) do I need to take it down to bare aluminum?

2) I assume there is a special paint / primer to stick to said aluminum?

@eldubb440 @5wndwcpe

Paint question...

@eldubb440 @5wndwcpe

SPI Epoxy Primer is one of the finest available and great for use on any type of metal if properly sanded and cleaned. This epoxy eliminates the need for an acid-etch primer

https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/_files/ugd/8ced3e_2e1da7dc5da34c94bb9c9704d8464b44.pdf

any epoxy will probably work, just check the tech pages

Paint question...

@eldubb440 @5wndwcpe
Cleanliness in the preparation is the key to a great paint job. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new toy. This is my hole in the water and my First Mate. Nothing more relaxing than a float down the river, until you hit the rapids!

Deschutes 2.jpg 8 (2).JPG

SPI Epoxy Primer is one of the finest available and great for use on any type of metal if properly sanded and cleaned. This epoxy eliminates the need for an acid-etch primer

https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/_files/ugd/8ced3e_2e1da7dc5da34c94bb9c9704d8464b44.pdf

any epoxy will probably work, just check the tech pages

Excellent. Thank you, Mark. I am sure Pete will agree with you as he is a fan of SPI as well.

Cleanliness in the preparation is the key to a great paint job. :thumbsup:

Indeed. It is next to Godliness in fact. :lol:

Welp, this will be my first experience with evaporust. Tossed it in the tub (3.5 gal) last night and will be checking on it when i get home...

IMG_3557.jpg

We'll see how it goes!!

Auto Transport Service
Back