• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Shop Light Situation Sucks - Looking for Recommendations

My problem with any of those, and I've owned one of each over the years, not that brand, is moving them when your hands are dirty or greasy. Light shining back at you or rearranging it constantly. These days the bottom of my cars are as clean as the top, but I don't like anything in my way when I'm under my car working. If it made in the USA you're looking for, here's one.
https://brightguy.com/shop/made-in-usa/
Thanks much. Not gonna talk me into a "headlight" though. I gots enough problems with my noggin as it is. :)

I can also suggest a quality LED flashlight. I use mine all the time, especially when working on my cars. See the photo below. Streamlight is made in the U.S.A. The larger one is rechargeable, the smaller one takes 2-AA batteries. Quality stuff.
View attachment 1166537
Yes, Streamlight is the good stuff for sure. I have one on my AR. Pricy little devil but built like a tank.

I remember at the time, when the feds were trying to shove those bulbs down our throats at
the same time they were "outlawing" incandescent bulbs, that the squiggly ones actually contained
mercury.
Hard to argue about the environmental harm of old-fashioned bulbs when compared to that...
The irony struck me odd at that time and always has ever since.

Talking about irony, I've never bought one of those bulbs, they were handed out by our local electric company for free. Came in the mail!

I miss the regular incandescent bulbs. I always wanted the soft white and the Sylvania brand always lasted the longest. I still have a few from when I stocked up.

Might just be me or my old eyes but any LED bulbs are too harsh and cast a hard shadow. Even these new vehicles using them, when they are coming at you at night are the worst thing to look at. JMO

Talking about irony, I've never bought one of those bulbs, they were handed out by our local electric company for free. Came in the mail!

I miss the regular incandescent bulbs. I always wanted the soft white and the Sylvania brand always lasted the longest. I still have a few from when I stocked up.

Might just be me or my old eyes but any LED bulbs are too harsh and cast a hard shadow. Even these new vehicles using them, when they are coming at you at night are the worst thing to look at. JMO
I totally agree. LED lighting is so unnatural to me it's hard to focus my eyes on stuff with them.
I still fetch incandescent bulbs for the house fixtures and lamps and such; they're out there (I get them
off Amazon by the small case, cheap).
I was under Fred with the sorry assortment of small LED lights people have gifted me over the years yesterday
and literally could not see what I wanted to (brake adjusting screws inside the backing plates) until I rigged
up that old drop light with a regular bulb and got it down there.

Auto Transport Service
Back