• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My son spent the week in Estes Park, CO

SteveSS

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Even though it was Halloween time he still didn't want to visit the Stanley Hotel. REDRUM
Stanely2.jpg
Stanley.jpg
stanley-hotel-hdr.jpg
One thing you should know about Estes Park is it's overrun by herds of elk, and they're in rut right now.

Do you ever think of posting anything that isn't mindless drivel?

Seriously.

I don't know RC, while Steve is a bubble off center, the Stanley is pretty cool. It's about the only thing left there.
Estes was once a very neat mountain town. It has been over run and trashed in recent years by all the transplants. Pretty much a dive these days.
Looking to retire in Wyoming here to get away from all the bullshit in CO.

Someone is cutting too much of someone else's lawn? lol

I don't know RC, while Steve is a bubble off center, the Stanley is pretty cool. It's about the only thing left there.
Estes was once a very neat mountain town. It has been over run and trashed in recent years by all the transplants. Pretty much a dive these days.
Looking to retire in Wyoming here to get away from all the bullshit in CO.

As a fourth-gen Coloradan whose family goes back to pre-statehood, I absolutely feel your pain. My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Stanley in 1986. Looking at the pic provided, if you look left and see the balcony on the second floor, we had that room. One wonderful thing about the Stanley was there were no phones or TV in the suite! Plus, we got to ride around Estes Park in their 1911 Stanley bus! Went to a bar the driver knew. He told us to stay in the vehicle, and then came out with about 20 patrons (most already drunk!) and said "Where's the newlyweds?" Had a fantastic time!

I agree with you; the Stanley is the only thing worth seeing/visiting there these days, before heading up over Trail Ridge Road. The invaders have ripped the pleasure and beauty out of Colorado.

Auto Transport Service
Back