• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wifes take on driving my Ram through the garage this morning..

Bummer, I feel for ya.
Thank god everyone is ok, that's the most important thing.
Kinda funny though.

Holy sh@t! I was chuckling until you got the part about driving through a 71 RR. Yes, I have an '04 3500 Ram Cummins and they are brutes. 600ft/lbs is more like it. Mine is an automatic though
Very good thing nobody was hurt. Your attitude about the whole incident is refreshing as well.
Will insurance cover an oops like this?

wow,that sucks.hope your marriage survives.had a similar situation with the driver of my race car.(69 camero)he was straddling the roll bar at the drivers seat and started the car in the driveway.neutral switch was not hooked up(car was just finnished)and idle was still at 2200 for break in.car launched hard and his rt foot got hooked under the brake pedal.car drug him about 50 feet before the drivers door was torn off on another car parked in the drivway.(door was fiberglass)we think thats when he was knocked out.race car continued into the street and hit a ford pickup on the far side.he was lucky in the end.120 stitches to his leg(knee down)broken leg and tons of bruises.he was lucky because he didnt die,when the car stopped his head was almost under the 33 inch slick.would have poped his head like a melon.

Well we have been married almost 23 years...thankfully that has not been an issue...This just means I get a free pass on some Roadrunner parts....

That's great, but you now have leverage like you've never had before. If I were in your position, I'd say that I was owed a threesome.

Well we have been married almost 23 years...thankfully that has not been an issue...This just means I get a free pass on some Roadrunner parts....

That's even better than sex in some cases, sex is for an hr or so & RR parts are for a lifetime...LOL...

Oh man - sorry to hear it! I guess I'm glad mine is an automatic. I drove my friend's stick once and noticed how you can't kill the engine by dumping the clutch - even at idle. The electronics compensate for that. Saddly, this feature came back to haunt you today. Glad everyone is ok, and thanks for the great sense of humor and entertaining reading!

I'm very impressed that you can get on here and write about it in a way that's entertaining. Good luck with the cleanup, well done on not going completely ape.

That sucks big time...I loaned my 04 3500 cummins to a friend to pull his camper home...he almost flipped the camper because he said " I forgot it was back there"....not sure how that is possible.

Glad no one got hurt bad. By the way you were describing things, I was expecting major carnage. You might maybe have to split insurance between house and auto to see which policy is going to pay for what damages. Kinda reminds me of that insurance commercial where that one guy drove backwards up a utility pole. Again, glad no one got hurt and hope you two can have a good laugh about this later.

Man what a story and you are and the wife are one hell of a pair and should both be commended as you have. You for not going batshitcrazy like many folks would have and her for that email (I presume) to you afterward. Kudos to both of you! I'm sorry for your damage but sounds like ins will cover and glad your wife and no one else was injured beyond the bruises and it's major cool that the bird is semi OK. Thanks for sharing the story and the carnage and the sense of humor.

Made me think that if Tommy Boy had been around .... "THAT WAS AWESOME !!!!!!! ... Oh man I mean sorry about your car"

Glad no one got hurt bad. By the way you were describing things, I was expecting major carnage. You might maybe have to split insurance between house and auto to see which policy is going to pay for what damages. Kinda reminds me of that insurance commercial where that one guy drove backwards up a utility pole. Again, glad no one got hurt and hope you two can have a good laugh about this later.

It would've been split between the house and the auto. I have a large deductible on my auto to keep the premiums down. The estimate on the truck (yes that was quick) was about $1,500. Mostly for paint and a new condensor. Thats just barely over my deductible, so I already got a check for a little over my deductible. With my deductible on the house being almost twice that and most of the non-repairable damage occuring to the garage door and the opener, its not worth filing a claim. And as far as the explanation of the incident, I think I was more impressed with the fact that all of it occurred with a truck that was idling, with about a 1' head start before it hit the door and preceeded through the rest of the garage...

Man what a story and you are and the wife are one hell of a pair and should both be commended as you have. You for not going batshitcrazy like many folks would have and her for that email (I presume) to you afterward. Kudos to both of you! I'm sorry for your damage but sounds like ins will cover and glad your wife and no one else was injured beyond the bruises and it's major cool that the bird is semi OK. Thanks for sharing the story and the carnage and the sense of humor.

Made me think that if Tommy Boy had been around .... "THAT WAS AWESOME !!!!!!! ... Oh man I mean sorry about your car"

Her rendition of the story was a preemtive facebook strike...cause she knew thats where it was going! LOL And trust me, I am not the most patient and forgiving person. This was just one of those things just make you say "wouldya look that!?"

still cool as hell and thanks again .. my wife even enjoyed this post LOL

That's just aweful & she's very fortunate that she wasn't hurt. But, you do have to look at things in a positive light. She now has absolutely no reason to EVER deny you sex.

Man, what a way to start the morning. I am sure you will get everything fixed, and it will cost a little bit of mony. But I have to agree with Mr. Cranium, she should never say no from now on.

Im sorry to hear this all happened, Great to hear no one got hurt!! Good luck getting things together and repaired...

glad she's cool...

First off, im glad your bride didn't get hurt at all. well, maybe her pride, but we all have gotten our pride hurt at one time or another :laughing8:

That's great, but you now have leverage like you've never had before. If I were in your position, I'd say that I was owed a threesome.

ya, freakin Dickie, you never let me down man. lmao!!

Auto Transport Service
Back