• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wifes take on driving my Ram through the garage this morning..

I would've lost it!!! You are truly a "zen" individual...I caught the lip of my passenger rear wheel well on the garage entry last year and tore a few cabinet doors off the kitchen, and punched a wall.

Are you sure you didn't do anything to get on her nerves the night before?....

If this happened to me, I would be expecting road head on the way to the gym AND on the way home. For the next 20 years.

Glad nothing got too trashed, and congrats on the greatest marriage ever.
I showed my girlfriend the story and pictures and even she said I would never speak to her until it was fixed.

what happened to the safety switch for the ignition to prevent said accident such as this...my Dodge, standard tranny, clutch HAS to be depressed..it even flows over to the automatic cars...HAVE to depress the brake firmly to shift from park to any other gear/position on the shifter..ARE YOU SURE you did not forget a birthday or anniversary???

Seems she used her right foot, pushed the clutch, fired it off, and let go of the clutch.
My wife did something similar, thankfully less destructive. My 74 W300 doesn't have a clutch switch, she got in, thought it was in neutral (a bit of slop in the shifter), and turned the key. In what turned out to granny low...and it starts on the first try. She just managed to run over some bushes...she now presses the clutch when starting it...

you will both learn to look to back on this with a smile..might be awhile..but that day will come....was not long after I first married..I got a knock at the door one wet raining morning..wife stand there soaked...I just said, you seem okay quit crying and tell where it is? About 1/4 mile from the house in a very steep new dug drainage ditch. Went to the station and borrowed my friends wrecker..two hours later..I was able to get it out..still can't laugh about the car..but I surely laugh about her...

I had a similar situation happen to me a few years back with my 66 powerwagon with the poly motor,,no one was in the truck and we were building our log home in nc we had been living in a camper on the property and didn't have power hooked up yet so I had a twelve volt system in the camper and would pull the power wagon to the back of the camper and pop the hood and hook up jumper cables to work the tv and water pump in the eves,,on one night it had rained all night and about daylight the poly started cranking and the wife screamed someones stealing your truck,,as I sprung from my bed the camper was being shoved off the block foundations and I damn near killed myself as I was slammed to the wall and then the floor,, as I regained my composure sprinting out the door with nothing but a broomstick in my hand,(was gonna knock the heck out of the dumb thief) by now the tongue had dug in the ground and the powerwagon was digging ruts still turning over and trying to shove the camper by only 12 volts but not firing luckily the hood was still up and I was able to pull the battery cable off before it shoved the camper .wife and young'uns off the side of the hill,,seems that the starter relay on the fender got wet and shorted out,,i will never forget that morning..no mopars were hurt in the incident and after getting dressed and borrowing the neighbors backhoe we had our home THE SHACK as my wife called it back on blocks and no harm done but I dang near messed my fruit of the looms thank god for loose battery connections as I killed the battery quite frequently using it as a power source and had a spare that I would switch out if it was dead in the morn from to many showers and tv the night before...not quite the damage as your deal but a true description of how much torque a mopar starter has with a 850 cca battery in a powerwagon in 1st gear

I had a similar situation happen to me a few years back with my 66 powerwagon with the poly motor,,no one was in the truck and we were building our log home in nc we had been living in a camper on the property and didn't have power hooked up yet so I had a twelve volt system in the camper and would pull the power wagon to the back of the camper and pop the hood and hook up jumper cables to work the tv and water pump in the eves,,on one night it had rained all night and about daylight the poly started cranking and the wife screamed someones stealing your truck,,as I sprung from my bed the camper was being shoved off the block foundations and I damn near killed myself as I was slammed to the wall and then the floor,, as I regained my composure sprinting out the door with nothing but a broomstick in my hand,(was gonna knock the heck out of the dumb thief) by now the tongue had dug in the ground and the powerwagon was digging ruts still turning over and trying to shove the camper by only 12 volts but not firing luckily the hood was still up and I was able to pull the battery cable off before it shoved the camper .wife and young'uns off the side of the hill,,seems that the starter relay on the fender got wet and shorted out,,i will never forget that morning..no mopars were hurt in the incident and after getting dressed and borrowing the neighbors backhoe we had our home THE SHACK as my wife called it back on blocks and no harm done but I dang near messed my fruit of the looms thank god for loose battery connections as I killed the battery quite frequently using it as a power source and had a spare that I would switch out if it was dead in the morn from to many showers and tv the night before...not quite the damage as your deal but a true description of how much torque a mopar starter has with a 850 cca battery in a powerwagon in 1st gear

funny, kind of sad story !! glad no MoPars or even better yet, none of your family was hurt...

Auto Transport Service
Back