• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wifes take on driving my Ram through the garage this morning..

Tallhair, that's too funny! Now I can't get Chris Farley out of my head and I can't stop laughing. I bet if we were a bunch of neighbor kids across the street and saw it go down we would definitely say that!

Sorry to hear about this path of destruction, but man, you have a great attitude. And as you know - stories where nobody gets hurt are what make life fun! You'll be telling this one for years....

Man what a story and you are and the wife are one hell of a pair and should both be commended as you have. You for not going batshitcrazy like many folks would have and her for that email (I presume) to you afterward. Kudos to both of you! I'm sorry for your damage but sounds like ins will cover and glad your wife and no one else was injured beyond the bruises and it's major cool that the bird is semi OK. Thanks for sharing the story and the carnage and the sense of humor.

Made me think that if Tommy Boy had been around .... "THAT WAS AWESOME !!!!!!! ... Oh man I mean sorry about your car"

picard-facepalm-300x260.jpg

Better to laugh than cry...glad it only went as bad as it did. Take care.

Well.....as much worse as it couldda been, you're handlin it the right way. And I'll tell you.....ANYBODY couldda done that. That's a mistake any of us could make on our best day. We're all only human. I'm real glad she wasn't hurt.

Wow, at first I thought it was a joke....until you posted the pics! Glad everyone is fine too. Lots of years ago I pushed the back wall out on my garage but it was due to a brake fluid leak that I didn't know about and got in my truck to drive it in. Stepped on the brake and to the floor it went. My X BIL took a door off of his 65 Corvette when he shorted a wire when working under the dash and it made the starter engage and the trans was in reverse. It about took his legs off too. Got to always be alert with any kind of machinery. I used to ground my neutral safety switch on my old cars because I liked to jump in, floor it and hit the ignition when the trans was in drive. Instant noise and tire smoke! Scared the hell out of many over the years but decided it probably wasn't such a good idea to do that once I got married and started having kids....

I just kept saying NO, NO, NO.

That`s just AWFUL!!! :gah: I`m SSOOO Glad to hear, nothing but pride was hurt. :sigh: When you were first describing the situation, i was thinking, OMG, NO, NO & then laughing (Sorry). :sFun_doh2: This is one of those stories that you can tell over & over for the rest of your lives. :laughing1: Thanks for Sharing. :steering:

This is the "wife". You guys are very nice to be so concerned. What a great group of people.
I have a great hubby who has been very reassuring yesterday and today even though I feel awful. I'm pretty sore and beat up, case of whiplash to say the least, but mostly thankful I did not end up under the Demon Truck. When we det it repainted, I think we should put that on there somewhere...just sayin.
Thanks!
The majority of the scratches y'all see in the pics are from owning the car for 27+ years. The only scratches I could see from todays incident are two small dents on the trunk by the key where one of the garage door section hinges got pushed into it. Once I backed the car out you couldnt really tell where it impacted the shelves or the welder. Freaky...

And best of all, the Little Tykes wagon? I lifted the car and my buddy pulled it from underneath. And...it will survive. Just gotta pop a small dent outta one of the wheels. The boys will be happy, thats the tree limb wagon..

- - - Updated - - -

Well we have been married almost 23 years...thankfully that has not been an issue...This just means I get a free pass on some Roadrunner parts....

As reqeusted...the carnage.

- - - Updated - - -

You must push in the clutch to start the truck. However, it also pays to make sure it is in neutral before exiting the vehicle. My bride missed the second part. Plus she "right legged" it, which I have done many times.
you have the only yellow diesel ram on the planet too

That will buff out. Sorry someone had to say it. At least She wasn't hurt----YET

I am glad that the only damage is to ones pride but I have to say...There is absolutely no reason to "Warm up a vehicle" by starting it and leaving it idle. Get in, turn the key and start driving it. It will warm up faster then just sitting there wasting fuel at idle. I still cannot figure out that logic that so many out there have. Even the vehicle manuals now days start that...

I am glad that the only damage is to ones pride but I have to say...There is absolutely no reason to "Warm up a vehicle" by starting it and leaving it idle. Get in, turn the key and start driving it. It will warm up faster then just sitting there wasting fuel at idle. I still cannot figure out that logic that so many out there have. Even the vehicle manuals now days start that...

Not sure what your weather is where you live, but a little warm up never hurts in the winter. Even with synthetic oil, things just work better when they are not a 0 degrees. And some here live where it's much colder too.

Not sure what your weather is where you live, but a little warm up never hurts in the winter. Even with synthetic oil, things just work better when they are not a 0 degrees. And some here live where it's much colder too.

Synthetic oil? Little warm up? For a Cummins, 2 words. BLOCK HEATER!

Guys view: Yes, we do spin-out about the creamer! And you "organizing" things so that we may never find them again. But when bad things happen, we really step-up and take care of them. We are truly glad you are ok. But real men are the ones that can stay calm in the face of battle, or household carnage! Yes, I blow my stack at the bounced check that I didn't write! But I rush to my womans side when she has smashed yet another car. Just glad that my wife is OK. Just tell the ol'man to buy a remote-starter if he really loves you. Your PTSD has forever scarred you from starting that "Beast" again!

you have the only yellow diesel ram on the planet too

Actually, believe it or not, there are three of these things running around here. I know a guy who owns one of them. His truck and my truck were on the lot at the same time. The other I saw might have been passing through as I saw it out on the bypass shortly after buying mine.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the warming up thing goes, its more of a "let me help you babe...al you gotta do is get in the truck and go" kind of thing...Cummings engines do not warm up at idle anyway. Puts a little heat in the oil but thats about it. Its not even much off the bottom notch on the temp gauge by the time I get to the gym in the morning...Takes forever to get any heat outta that motor.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys view: Yes, we do spin-out about the creamer! And you "organizing" things so that we may never find them again. But when bad things happen, we really step-up and take care of them. We are truly glad you are ok. But real men are the ones that can stay calm in the face of battle, or household carnage! Yes, I blow my stack at the bounced check that I didn't write! But I rush to my womans side when she has smashed yet another car. Just glad that my wife is OK. Just tell the ol'man to buy a remote-starter if he really loves you. Your PTSD has forever scarred you from starting that "Beast" again!

She put my gym bag in the truck this morning...didnt start it though..:headbang:

Simply put it's not about the weather at all. Yes it is nice to get in a warm vehicle. I have first hand experience with sub zero northern climes. But given the difference between letting it idle to waste fuel or getting in and start driving immediately, it will always warm up faster, save wear and tear, save quite a few bucks. Old school I know but me thinks now a days, more and more individuals out there have become way too soft...no slam intended.

I have first hand experience with sub zero northern climes. But given the difference between letting it idle to waste fuel or getting in and start driving immediately, it will always warm up faster, save wear and tear, save quite a few bucks. Old school I know but me thinks now a days, more and more individuals out there have become way too soft...no slam intended.

Why not alittle slam? It's all about the pussification [can I say that?] of America and another excuse for something to break and make car makers more money on. I too can remember the days of getting into a -20* car and have the vinyl crack it was so frozen. The only time I really had to do this was with a 6 banger because they really hate the cold and my choke's never worked right, and that sucked cause you had to sit in the car and work the throttle to keep it running.

Simply put it's not about the weather at all. Yes it is nice to get in a warm vehicle. I have first hand experience with sub zero northern climes. But given the difference between letting it idle to waste fuel or getting in and start driving immediately, it will always warm up faster, save wear and tear, save quite a few bucks. Old school I know but me thinks now a days, more and more individuals out there have become way too soft...no slam intended.

No slam, I can be a big wuss when it comes to the cold. And I make my living in it. I keep my Cummins plugged in at home (outside) and keep my other trucks in a heated garage. What a difference driving something starting at 60 degrees vs 0 or 10. I thought most newer Cummins and other diesels went up on high idle when idling cold to warm up faster. I have old ones that don't, so I use a throttle lock for quicker warm ups.

Glad everything turned out OK though.

That has to be the most horrible and hilarious story I've heard in a long F@$%**! time....thank you for making me laugh like a....well, guy who just read about a damn demon truck going bat **** crazy lmfao!!!! Thank you madame and sir for letting me gain pleasure from your pain.

Auto Transport Service
Back