• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery wire in 69 charger

It has a parking sticker on the windshield from the a high school where my first girl friend went to school in 69. I think of that time every time I see that sticker. Stupid HUH?

It has a parking sticker on the windshield from the a high school where my first girl friend went to school in 69. I think of that time every time I see that sticker. Stupid HUH?
Time for a new windshield and a new girlfriend!

Time for a new windshield and a new girlfriend!
you are right, she turned quite homely, and didn't like that I went in the Military i n 70'. and her dad was snooty anyway. but the memory is fond, sort of. I came out a lot better anyway, As I met a much nicer girl,,,,,and we have been married since 1974, and got engaged in a dark green 68 Charger. 318 three on the tree.
Now how many of those do you see? she went away, damn it. My brother wrecked it.

DCF1B9BB-F307-4246-BBE4-451F619E57C1.gif

:D

everybody has to start somewhere, there is no such thing as a dumb question.
That is bullshit man. Yeah, it is the nice and polite response but it is still bullshit. Dumb questions get asked all the time, even by smart people. I've asked them and surely, you have too. If I pull out, can she still get pregnant? Yeah, That is NOT a dumb question at all...
I laughed when I saw the picture the OP posted. My first thought was...wow, it has been a LONG time since I was that new to the hobby.
Yeah, we all have to start from somewhere. Nobody is born with knowledge. Being human, we should always be learning.

That is bullshit man. Yeah, it is the nice and polite response but it is still bullshit. Dumb questions get asked all the time, even by smart people. I've asked them and surely, you have too. If I pull out, can she still get pregnant? Yeah, That is NOT a dumb question at all...
I laughed when I saw the picture the OP posted. My first thought was...wow, it has been a LONG time since I was that new to the hobby.
Yeah, we all have to start from somewhere. Nobody is born with knowledge. Being human, we should always be learning.
When I saw his picture and the question I was assuming it was a joke.

There really are no dumb questions. It all depends on what you know and have been taught. Whether it pertains to cars or human reproduction there will always be someone more educated than another.
For example, pnora has never made love to a non-inflatable woman before so he would probably not know the answer to "pulling out".
I, on the other hand, have never had a classic car before now so I need to go through the basics.

There really are no dumb questions. It all depends on what you know and have been taught. Whether it pertains to cars or human reproduction there will always be someone more educated than another.
For example, pnora has never made love to a non-inflatable woman before so he would probably not know the answer to "pulling out".
I, on the other hand, have never had a classic car before now so I need to go through the basics.
Wrong. One time at band camp when the compressor failed I made love to a non-inflated woman.

Fellas, what the hell is this wire/cable hanging under my dash, passenger side? It comes out from the kick panel and has been hanging there ever since I bought the car.

View attachment 1130103
Yes, as others have said, that's the male end of the antenna cable. I completely refurbished my factory original sound system in my 69 Charger, so I've got a bit of knowledge on this topic. if you're so inclined, I'd encourage you to reinstall the original radio system. It's surprisingly easy. I'd start by looking at the fender tag to confirm what your original radio was. Probably a simple AM radio, which meant that you'd have an in-dash speaker and an antenna to round out the system. If you still have the original radio, be sure that you've installed the support bracket on the back of the radio that attaches to the lower part of the dash. Then make sure you have the right antenna with the cable clips that clip the antenna cable to the underside of the dash as well. The male end in your photo plugs into the female receptacle on the driver's side of the radio box. Make sure you have a complete and correct wiring harness to the speaker, and the correct 12V power connection to the dash main wiring harness. If you fire it up and it doesn't work, you may need to send the radio out to be repaired. There are several good places nationwide that'll do this for you. If your speaker is shot, don't buy a new one. Have Heavy Sound in Venice CA rebuild your original. I promise you'll enjoy the result. I love to original AM/8-Track with three speaker dash and the rear speaker in my Charger. Best of luck! CRUISER

Yes, as others have said, that's the male end of the antenna cable. I completely refurbished my factory original sound system in my 69 Charger, so I've got a bit of knowledge on this topic. if you're so inclined, I'd encourage you to reinstall the original radio system. It's surprisingly easy. I'd start by looking at the fender tag to confirm what your original radio was. Probably a simple AM radio, which meant that you'd have an in-dash speaker and an antenna to round out the system. If you still have the original radio, be sure that you've installed the support bracket on the back of the radio that attaches to the lower part of the dash. Then make sure you have the right antenna with the cable clips that clip the antenna cable to the underside of the dash as well. The male end in your photo plugs into the female receptacle on the driver's side of the radio box. Make sure you have a complete and correct wiring harness to the speaker, and the correct 12V power connection to the dash main wiring harness. If you fire it up and it doesn't work, you may need to send the radio out to be repaired. There are several good places nationwide that'll do this for you. If your speaker is shot, don't buy a new one. Have Heavy Sound in Venice CA rebuild your original. I promise you'll enjoy the result. I love to original AM/8-Track with three speaker dash and the rear speaker in my Charger. Best of luck! CRUISER
I appreciate the detailed and concise reply. Yes, it's just an R11 2 watt radio. I don't necessarily need the radio working, I just wanted to do something with that cable hanging under the dash. Regardless, I'll see what I can do to get it operational.
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back