• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nacsar 426 Magnesium intake

Stowe

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Hello I have a 426 Nascar Magnesium intake. I am building up a race hemi what size and manufacture carb was used in the single nascar applications? Also what air cleaner was used ? Thanks

4 barrel Holley. In your application you can use a 850-1000 cfm. Whatever you like. The air cleaner varied a little. Hooked to the cowl for fresh air.

IMO , not a very good intake for low RPM / street use

I assume he's talking about the dual plane. They are great.

I assume he's talking about the dual plane. They are great.
I thought the Mag manifold was a rare high end "bathtub" design?

And horrible for a street application, if it doesn't self destruct from a fuel puddled driven backfire and burn the car down.:eek:

There are mag bathtubs and there are mag single 4-bbl dual planes. I assume that's what he has. I wanted to put a mag bathtub on my Superbird but a well informed gentleman told me if I did I would be taking it off soon.

Usually after an hour I can get one off of Amazon Photos. It's only been 30 minutes.

Here's what the air cleaner looks like. I wouldn't recommend looking for one. That's a mag dual plane under there but it looks like all other dual planes.

sbaircleaner.jpg

The also made the dual plane in aluminum and they made Holley Dominator tops for the bathtub.

I would love to see the inside of the bathtub. It doesn't look to me like it would work well anywhere!
Sure is neet lookin tho.

Why would you suggest I do not look for the air cleaner?

That bathtub IMO is begging for an internal hidden EFI port injector set-up to calm it down on the street and promote head scratching. :lol:

Takes a long time to find one and a long time to pay for it.

Your manifold is a normal dual plane. They are great for any kind of driving.

Auto Transport Service
Back