• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nacsar 426 Magnesium intake

Thanks, I know it is magnesium vs aluminum , Wonder how it would compare to 2x4 on my 426 now.

I think the Nascar dual planes were used on the shorter tracks, the bathtub on the super Speedways (note: I THINK)
They would have used an 850, till Ford prompted holley into building a dominator, and got Nascar to approve it.
Your manifold can use any 4150 style holley, or equivalent, probably as large as you can find....950, 1050 or so (if you believe a 4150 really flows that much)

It will run great. Hard to believe those NASCAR engines made 550 hp with only a .540" lift cam 60 years ago.

It will run great. Hard to believe those NASCAR engines made 550 hp with only a .540" lift cam 60 years ago.
Well every port has a flow limit, no matter what the opening, but a motor effectively run wide open at a nearly constant speed (Daytona?) they can handle awful lot of duration, and by limiting lift the rpms can also be raised to a degree I suppose.

This has been floating around , I thought most if not all Nascar Chargers has single 4bbl
1708392323735.png
1708392323735.png

Not to pollute the thread, but while we are conversing about rare Mag stuff from back in the day, I've got a Mag Dana 60 Center housing, which I have yet to see anywhere, but I know they are out there. It's headed for a 3 link set-up in my 62 Polara 500 and boy, is it light.

Is this Mag intake he's using much different than the one MP sold with it's MP Crate Hemi motors?

1708396597029.png

Not to pollute the thread, but while we are conversing about rare Mag stuff from back in the day, I've got a Mag Dana 60 Center housing, which I have yet to see anywhere, but I know they are out there. It's headed for a 3 link set-up in my 62 Polara 500 and boy, is it light.
I love those things. If you decide not to use it I would be interested.

About 25 years ago a friend used the bath tub type on his 64 with a 1/4” plate for the top and 2 AFBs. He said it was no problem driving on the street, plenty of power with great drivability. Just like any carb-intake you gotta know how to tune it.

About 25 years ago a friend used the bath tub type on his 64 with a 1/4” plate for the top and 2 AFBs. He said it was no problem driving on the street, plenty of power with great drivability. Just like any carb-intake you gotta know how to tune it.
Agree, but the bathtub bottom looks like it's begging for a crossram top plate. I bet the mixture distribution with a single four is a nightmare.

check out old Mopar performance articles on adding dams and walls to improve distribution. I remember seeing articles with pop cycle sticks glued in the manifolds.

20240224_085042.jpg

Agree, but the bathtub bottom looks like it's begging for a crossram top plate. I bet the mixture distribution with a single four is a nightmare.
He had two AFBs cross ways

Auto Transport Service
Back