• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name a movie they couldn't make today.

I can think of a scene from Vanishing point that wouldn't be in a movie now!

I was thinking the whole movie. Everyone was cheering for Kowalski to make it. Even some of the cops. Now-a-days, you can't get more than a few people to agree on anything. Not to mention the lack of traffic.

The easiest movie to make would be Red Dawn. Russian and Venezuelan troops taking over the western US, and guns being accounted for.
The Postman, six months to get a letter.
Escape from New York, where do you think Floridians come from now?

FMJ
would be deemed to have "too much toxic masculinity" and "offensive"
can barely watch any movie or tv show put out now and find myself rewatching 80's/90's movies to kill time
fmj.png

A movie that’s worth watching is what Hollywood can no longer make. Movie Theaters are closing there doors all over the country.
Prior to Covid attendance was drastically declining already.
Post Covid there was no new product produced during Covid to be released.
JMO,stale product,remakes,sequels,etc.
Superhero cartoon movies are running their course.
Gone are the Epic titles like Braveheart,Titanic,LA confidential.
Political leftists Hollywood titles don’t sell!
I used like Robert DeNiro movies. His outspoken leftist politics has made me lose interest. Many hypocritical actors publicly preach anti gun views and yet make such garbage violent movies.
Notice how you no longer see the starts Friday commercials on TV anymore?

Yesterday there was a news report that the Alec Baldwin movie “Rust” is resuming filming.
The bullshit reporter said….”As you may recall, the movie was shut down after a gun accidentally killed a member of the crew…”
**** you, jerkoff. The GUN didn’t jump up and fire itself at anyone. A lying fuckstick hypocrite named ALEC fired the weapon.

I've been in the movie industry since my first job as an extra in 2005. Mostly extra and bit parts in film, plus lots of advertising and even an FAA training film. I haven't done a thing since the Chynaplague, though. The desire really went away to act at all. I tended to get typecast, somewhat as the dysfunctional Dad, or the murderer when I did have speaking parts. It was fun, gotta say!

And, yes, quite honestly, I'd say 90% of movies made since 2000, especially, just simply suck. Television is a cesspool. There are better productions on YouTube and TicToc that are made with a single GoPro or even a smartphone, to be straight-up. There are a LOT of really good people in the industry. Hard-working people proud of their art, whether it be acting, crew, writers, producers, etc.

We watched Aladdin with the granddaughter a few weeks ago and they had a warning prefacing it saying that the depiction of characters might be offensive. It’s a friggin cartoon!!!!
Aladdin is offensive to jinn around the world.

Last edited:
You mean this Anti gun Alec Baldwin?
Yesterday there was a news report that the Alec Baldwin movie “Rust” is resuming filming.
The bullshit reporter said….”As you may recall, the movie was shut down after a gun accidentally killed a member of the crew…”
**** you, jerkoff. The GUN didn’t jump up and fire itself at anyone. A lying fuckstick hypocrite named ALEC fired the weapon.

3C639DB3-EC78-45BD-BD3C-2BC2619AD32F.jpeg

0ABC0FFF-DA7C-4D4C-B1B3-573DD75C7227.jpeg

5B7C4817-E283-4037-B251-BA4ABBA1867F.jpeg

Last edited:
Tarzan.....only because the Wokesters would find it difficult to cast a black lead actor against a chimpanzee.

A (small town) movie
Tick Tick Tick 1970
About a white sheriff (George Kennedy) being replaced by a black sheriff (Jim Brown)
Filmed in Colusa Northern California as a southern state town. A racially charged movie,that they could not make today. A worthwhile watch.
Lots mopars

I used to run the local single screen theater in Colusa Ca.
I played the movie in 1996 and sold out every night for a week.

That is a good movie.
Didn’t realize it was filmed in Colusa.
Being a duck hunter, I have spent time in that area.

It is a good movie!
A pic of the Colusa theater which I used run in the 90s
A 1961 city limits sign that used to be on the bridge in the movie.
City of Colusa NorCal is a 50s time capsule.
That is a good movie.
Didn’t realize it was filmed in Colusa.
Being a duck hunter, I have spent time in that area.

914A7DFE-C41F-4A28-874C-03D4B6966A06.jpeg

152B06F1-F581-4195-B7B4-2BC9A3F17648.jpeg

950A7C30-0C87-49C0-812E-4973E177D18F.jpeg

8C3C889C-31E4-4DC6-B0F7-A91B7A56144F.jpeg

1D7EA268-80E9-46BB-AD61-B9EEC64A25B7.jpeg

22BBBD1F-9A8A-458C-83F4-BE5B71A90C32.jpeg

7322766E-AC8D-4268-89A4-25601B8F9FFF.jpeg

20B5922D-3850-49FD-BBB0-4BFE472EDC33.jpeg

2418E42D-8EC8-40DC-B45D-E97D7F959309.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back