• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name THREE things that you LOVE about your state !

1. Change of seasons (although I'm liking winter less and less).
2. Just a hours away (or less) from mountains, lakes, seashore, city activities in Boston & NYC. The mountains/ lakes & seashores in VT, NH, ME, RI, CT & NY offer a wide range of activities and sites to see all year round.
3. Great hospitals, colleges, culture, history, restaurants, museums, etc.

Of course there are plenty of downsides to MA as well, but overall, once you get outside Boston, for the most part, New England is a great place.
My experiences in NE have always been once you get out of ANY city up there, it's a great place. :)

Blue Sky, Warm Winters, Lots of open desolate areas.
My wife doesn't understand it, but as I get older and health issues threaten more and more, I have developed a need to see the desert SW. I watch tons of videos on YT from folks exploring mines and ghost towns and all that and it fascinates me.

Those of you who don't actually show their home state in their site info might want to
mention where you're talking about in your posts. :)

no critters that can bite you and kill you like rattlers or venomous bugs.
NY state actually does have a couple species of rattlesnakes as well as copperheads.
Just sayin'.

NY state actually does have a couple species of rattlesnakes as well as copperheads.
Just sayin'.

Well around me they aren't as prominent anyway haha! Take that off the positive list then for me!

Think I'm paying for that now. For around 10 years I played and worked in the sun and back in the 60's, sun screen wasn't talked about let alone used and I'm sure it wasn't nearly as good as it is today. Had several cuttings on my face over the last several years and am now using Fluorouracil on my forehead and sideburn areas to get done what freezing wouldn't stop. Hopefully this works and looks like it is based on what my face is looking like right now!
I've had basal cell carcinoma on the side of my neck and on my left forearm already. Cut, hack, snip...
Why those locations? I'm a fair-skinned anglo who drove 30k+ miles a year for over 30 years.
Yep, constant sun coming through the drivers' window...

Hmm...Vermont. Picturesque, real deal old country stores, no urban sprawl or billboards. There's lots more but you said three so....

Well around me they aren't as prominent anyway haha! Take that off the positive list then for me!
This is a good thing. :)
Actually, out here on the side of the ridge I've only encountered one poisonous critter in 20 years.
Copperheads are no joke, those rascals are sneaky and ornery and will chase your arse.
Had one come out of the tree line on me once when I was on the tractor mowing.
He wasn't afraid of the tractor for sure. Apparently I disturbed his turf or whatever.

He didn't survive the finish mower I was pulling behind me that day. :)

I've had basal cell carcinoma on the side of my neck and on my left forearm already. Cut, hack, snip...
Why those locations? I'm a fair-skinned anglo who drove 30k+ miles a year for over 30 years.
Yep, constant sun coming through the drivers' window...
The window tint on my 2500 driver's door got old so I took it off and haven't replaced it yet. Ya just don't realize how much it helps until it's gone.

Snow is just fine, if you are young enough. As a downhill ski racer for many years, mid teens to late 20's, snow was GREAT. Drove many, many miles to race. Sometimes in really snowy conditions & many times at 0* F or less. Great when young, even acceptable for many years, not so much over 55. But no earthquakes, hurricanes, crazy wildfires. Just an occasional tornado. Damn short drag racing season though.
Grew up until I was 12 in MA and then spent 2 winters in Germany while in the AF. Those two winters kinda disappointed me because it didn't snow more while there but we did get to have some fun with a 4 man toboggan going down a ski slope that wasn't yet completed. The slope was good but there just wasn't any support in place. There were still lumber access roads going across it too but that just made it a better ride :D but the walk back up wasn't real pleasant lol

New jersey?......good bread , lots of stupid people who cant fix their cars so I have plenty of work to earn money to go to Newark air port to fly to my favorite place florida where I can get the hell outta jersey

My wife doesn't understand it, but as I get older and health issues threaten more and more, I have developed a need to see the desert SW. I watch tons of videos on YT from folks exploring mines and ghost towns and all that and it fascinates me.

It is a lot of fun. I explore with my KTM EXC 500 dual sport bike. Explored a lot of abandon mines, town sites (usually not much left as lumber was a scare commodity and they would take the lumber with with)

Ohio:

Lake Erie and the Lake Erie islands are wonderful.

Great hot rod culture here

World class heath care in my back yard.

3 our of 4 seasons are really nice

Cost of living vs. income is hard to beat here.

No natural disasters to worry about

3 drag strips within 1.5 hours (2 within 1/2 hour drive)

Beautiful landscape and metro parks.

I could go on and on......

and the fourth season isn't that bad anymore.
I'll take some cold and snow over tornados,fires,earthquakes.
Even floods aren't a problem in my area.
Ohio has a lot of history, Civil War, U S Air Force Museum...you can spend days there and not see everything.

"Love" about New Jersey.. 3 things.. ??? Hmmm. Ok. 1) it's not New York. 2) it's not Chicago. 3) it's not New York or Chicago. Ok, all kidding aside ( although I really wasn't kidding), probably the weather for the most part not too extreme, few natural disasters compared to other areas, traffic is not as bad as new York.

1. EVERYONE has guns, many of them fully automatic
2. The very high violent crime rate
3. Combining 1 & 2 and shooting at each other on the freeways downtown during rush hour...happens about twice per week

I hear people refer to "Earthquakes" occasionally...
Being from California, I have only been though one that was worth mentioning in 1989. There have been others of minor concern that did no property damage aside from knocking glasses off of shelves. That is one in 30 years.

Gee, been to Cali half dozen times, short periods. One was Frisco '89. Very interesting experience. Didn't know what was happening at the time. Got to the top of Lombard St, looking at the Oakland Bay bridge that was supposed to be collapsed. Didn't figure out for a bit that the cars driving on the bridge were headed the wrong way, BACK from the collapse. Several days no power. Standby generator in our hotel didn't work. Great maintenance!! Even now I'll deal with the snow & cold. Wish racing season was longer.

Living in New Jersey, tough to find 3 things.......1)Friends and what is left of family, 2)Live about 10 minutes from the ocean but I don't go....too many asshole tourists ruin it for the locals, but I do partake in bikini watching,lol! It used to be known as the Garden State but I now refer to it as the Garbage State.

Auto Transport Service
Back