• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name THREE things that you LOVE about your state !

Since I found out Utopia was a myth, I'm staying in Wisconsin.
1. All four seasons
2. Our winters keep most of the Riff-Raff and Sissys out
3. Car show season is short but lots of time to wrench on em.

Minnesota.

Freshwater fishing. MN is 3-4 the in boat registration yet farthest from an ocean. And ice fishing is a unique experience for those who have not.

Healthcare network. We have some of the finest institutions in the world. And as a resident you cannot be denied.

Music/theater districts. Some call Minneapolis "The Minnie Apple" due to many live event venues. There are cold months we enjoy indoor sports/activities.

Just to name a few. If you are bored here? It's you.

I am still in Ohio until Sunday.
maybe it is the region where I am but it is really ugly here. The landscape is not pretty.
Perrysburg? PLEASE tell me that there are better looking places in this state. I was in Columbus in 2004 for the Nationals and it seemed pretty there.
The further east and south you go the better the terrain. Norwalk is about a 1 hour east. At least the roads and taxes are better than Michigan.
Doug

Is it common for states with snow to have such bad roads? Driving through Ann Arbor, Lansing, Detroit, Monroe and then through Toledo and Perrysburg, it looks like the road repair crew is on vacation.

Is it common for states with snow to have such bad roads? Driving through Ann Arbor, Lansing, Detroit, Monroe and then through Toledo and Perrysburg, it looks like the road repair crew is on vacation.
It is. Because of the nature of ice expanding when melting it wrecks roads. And the lower the tax base? The lower road quality. I know "Tax" is a four letter word with most. But it turns out nobody wants to fix infrastructure for free? WTH?

I’d better stay out of this. Raised in Allentown, reside in San Jose since 91.

Ahhh, piss. I waved but the windows were a bit foggy from the rain and 4 people in the car.

Iowa
Hunting
Suppressor legal
Gas prices

Clearly have not driven Tucson streets. It has nothing to do with snow and freezing. :)

PRK...the weather, the car culture and girls showing lots of skin.

Pennsylvania. The good:
  • A nice mix of small roads and different terrain. PA has one of largest (if not the largest) road systems in the USA. So you can actually find some pleasant roads to drive the old car on (although many suck too).
  • Proximity to many things. You are close to New York City, Philadelphia, etc. if you want to do city stuff, catch a show, see some museums, etc. It is also close to the beach in NJ if you want that. A near enough to the Adirondacks in NY if you like hiking and isolation.
  • Some of the top hospitals in the country, children's hospital, U of Penn medicine center, etc. None of us want to get sick, but if you do, you have options.
The bad:
  • Many of the roads suck (due to freeze/thaw cycles), and there are a lot of hyped up, over-stressed type A people driving them.
  • At least where I live, the &^%$# regulations to do anything with your property are a pain in the arse.
  • It's generally on the expensive side.

VT roads are fine....granted, there aren't MANY of them, but the ones we have are fine. lol.

Since I'm headed back to my home state of Oklahoma, I'll say:
Real BBQ
Sparse population
Lots of great outdoors/car activity

These are not Loves: I didn't think there would much of anything positive said about this state by anybody but here are a few comments:

1 - It WAS a good place to grow up, long ago, it ain't now! If anything it's a good place to be FROM as ANYWHERE else is better!
2- We are close to the top in corruption! Leading the way for years! Don't come here without outside rear view mirrors on your glasses, they will pour the concrete in your shorts as they develop every square inch.
3 - Some of the highest taxes in the country, lowest home values, roads are a parking lot, more people per square (inch) than most of the country. Hopefully the first to be bombed in the event of nuclear war as life is so good here. All I ask is to be notified of the nuke launch so I can crack a beer open and watch that puppy come whistling in!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back