• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name THREE things that you LOVE about your state !

tenor.png

no rush life style, low cost of living, Good folks to live around.

Iowa has wide open spaces,barn finds galore,& you don't have to lock your stinking doors at night.I'll live near and be a ok

Barrington tops ( miles of nothing but bushland )heritage listed and 1 hour away
b28ba6d657ac6e5ca5325290c08d31af?width=1280&api_key=zw4msefggf9wdvqswdfuqnr5.jpg
Photo-1-2.jpg
NCD0007701.jpg

blue mountains
Three-Sisters-in-Blue-Mountains-Hero.jpg
Blue-Blue-Mountains-1024x682.gif

Sydney bridge
Sydney-Harbour-Bridge-Side-Photo.jpg

Last edited:
Iowa.
1) it's not on the east coast
2) it's not on the west coast
3) it's not on the south coast
Flyover farm country is just right for me. 4 seasons(usually) and nice people with common sense.

1. Change of seasons (although I'm liking winter less and less).
2. Just a hours away (or less) from mountains, lakes, seashore, city activities in Boston & NYC. The mountains/ lakes & seashores in VT, NH, ME, RI, CT & NY offer a wide range of activities and sites to see all year round.
3. Great hospitals, colleges, culture, history, restaurants, museums, etc.

Of course there are plenty of downsides to MA as well, but overall, once you get outside Boston, for the most part, New England is a great place.

education system (for kids through college)
believe or not, diversity of population
quality of hospitals and health care

least favorite would be taxes, but considering others, is OK

Southeast Queensland Australia:
1. 300 sunshine days per year (8 hrs of sunshine)
2. Locals love old American cars
3. Petrol is cheap

No snow
No snow
No snow
Did I mention no snow!? :D

And btw, this isn't the political forum so please keep that out. Thanks.

Snow is just fine, if you are young enough. As a downhill ski racer for many years, mid teens to late 20's, snow was GREAT. Drove many, many miles to race. Sometimes in really snowy conditions & many times at 0* F or less. Great when young, even acceptable for many years, not so much over 55. But no earthquakes, hurricanes, crazy wildfires. Just an occasional tornado. Damn short drag racing season though.

I hear people refer to "Earthquakes" occasionally...
Being from California, I have only been though one that was worth mentioning in 1989. There have been others of minor concern that did no property damage aside from knocking glasses off of shelves. That is one in 30 years.

Just three eh? Ok...
1. Environment: This is truly God's country and whether you like mountains
or flatlands, we have plenty of both. Everything grows like crazy here; we
have tons of lakes and rivers for fishing and recreation; you can hunt about
any critter, too.
Climate? We get all of it depending on what part of the state you're in.
Unless you move to one of the few cities we have, population density is low
and the air is clear.
2. People: If you're uncomfortable striking up a conversation with a total
stranger at the drop of a hat, you might not like it here.
Not only are we like that, folks that aren't are considered downright rude.
Not kidding. Best smile and greet the lady behind the counter at the gas station,
because she's going to - and when she asks how you are, she actually means it.
Yes, we have tons of churches, but even those who don't regularly attend stick
to a certain Christian ethic in regards to being pleasant, charitable and ethical.
3. Freedom out the arse. A very conservative state, we don't cotton to impinging
on folks' rights around here. Our sales taxes are heavy, but other than ridiculously low
real estate taxes, we don't have any others really.
No state or local income taxes. You wanna modify your car? Have a party.
As a result, cost of living is about as low as it gets and good old fashioned horse trading
is commonplace.
You wanna live in relative isolation and be left alone? That's fine too.

Oh....and yes, we don't give a damn "how you did it back home".
You're here now. :thumbsup:

What I like about were I live is, there is never a boring day. A scenic (free) ride across the harbor on the ferry and the whole world is open for you.
My cousin lives outside of Denver and has basically two places to food shop. I literally have dozens and dozens, all in competition for your business.
All offering the freshest and best. The restaurants, entertainment, shopping , education are the best. NYPD/ FDNY/ and other services are also the best. I guess right now at our stage of life unfortunately the most important is healthcare. We have some of the best doctors and hospitals not only in the country but the world and I can testify to that.
Another thing I like and will miss if I move is I can walk out my door, go two blocks down the street and have anything I want or need within a short walk. If I dont feel like driving I dont have too.
I would also say the diversity of the city is also important

Hunting
Fishing
Solitude, which can be easily found quickly

Not:
All damn black flies
Mosquitoes
And yes snow, which helps hunting but can go away as soon as season is over!

Auto Transport Service
Back