• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need alignment specs for a 73...

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Guys, just got my long time project 73 running and on the road. I reworked the front suspension with new OEM parts. Now in search of the nearest alignment shop that can work with our 50 year old cars. I am running 235-60-15s on the front with a slightly lower than stock ride height and am looking for a baseline alignment spec I can share with the shop I find that can set alignment. Was hoping someone with knowledge of running non stock wheels and tires could share some info of what we should start with...thanks...

alignment-chart-png.png

This has been around for a while by Rick Ehrenberg, here's the full article.
https://www.allpar.com/threads/turn...ent-for-performance-on-classic-mopars.237041/

Mark

Thanks much MG, just what I was looking for. This is my first big Mopar that I want to be a constant driver and just today found a shop that says they are set to do our older cars. Plan to meet their guy this week and wanted some specs as a start. A good article , thanks for the post.

You may have a problem if the front and rear wheels are not the exact same size and offset. Most modern alignment machines use Lasers and are normally used on non staggered wheels to see the rear wheels.

Also be sure to tell the shop (sometimes specifically the person who will work on your car) that you want the ride height left where it is.

SOP is to reset it to factory spec before they start the alignment.

Auto Transport Service
Back