• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help figuring time

Couldn’t even begin to guess without knowing: 1) heads. 2) camshaft. 3) compression.

Stealth heads were gone through although not ported, Comp Cam hydraulic flat tappet XE285HL and compression ratio is 9.96:1. Headers are TTI 1 3/4 (they fit my A body) Torker single plane manifold along with Holley Terminator EFI.

Now I get it. Somehow I missed this.

Now I might be wrong but, doesn't that Wallace racing calculator use Rear Wheel HP to estimate the ET not Flywheel HP?
Not to be a downer but he will be in for a big surprise after hearing all the numbers that are being used here and then runs a much slower number
It is flywheel

Seems pretty well matched street combo, but pretty mild. I’m thinking it’s most likely well shy of 500hp. It should make good torque in a lightweight package, so traction will be difficult. My guess: if it had sticky tires: 12.20’s first time out. With work sorting the chassis out and some tuning: could dip into the 11’s. With the street Radials: 12.60’s.

Last edited:
I ran my street car for many years on street tires. Auto trans, best ever 13.6@107. Bolted on a old worn out pair of 28" tall slicks and uncapped the 2 1/2" exhaust. Not enough gear, 3.91. Not enough converter. Ran 11.88@115. That was roughly 450HP@3875lbs. Since then with a cam, converter swap, and 4.30s. Its been 11.0@123 thru the mufflers. If your's goes in the 12s on street tires it'll be a miracle. I'd buy or borrow sticky tires.
Doug

Last edited:
Tires and lack of traction is going to REALLY kill your 1/4 mile times.
Having the same problem, I suggest finding the edge of traction from dead stop through 1st gear. I pretty much have to leave at "idle" and then stick it. I am working on improving off the line traction, but I'm confident that I would be running 12.xx (12.7-12.9) if I could get some RPMs up from the get go.
Your MPH will tell a lot. You'll be over 110 MPH easily IMO, but in the mid 12s because of those tires.

Auto Transport Service
Back