• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need multiport EFI punch list/parts help

PsyOps

Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Dipping my toe into the multiport efi pool and need some advice please. I have an intake, fuel rails, injectors, throttle body & FAST dual sync distributor. What else do I need? Looking for direction/suggestions re: ecu, wiring harness, O2 sensor, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Holley has a kit that has pretty much everything without what you already have. But you'll need a proper electric fuel pump. Look at the Holley Terminator or depending on your setup, Dominator EFI systems. I've used the Terminator in the past and very much considering moving to again. At the end of the day they have everything you need. You can part it out, but the other options typically end up costing about the same. You save a few bucks... But you get what you pay for. Btw... I don't work or get paid by Holley. I just like their gear

Last edited:
Edelbrock pro-flow system is great and not as costly as other systems yes you will need a fuel pump . get an in-tank system fuel line fuel pressure regulator . the tuning is simple so if you read all you can on how the system works and read on fuel trims and a.f.r. unless you want to learn graph cell tuning.

Biggest challenges are everything behind the firewall.

Appreciate the responses so far. In tank fuel pump & fuel regulator, check. Look at a complete kit like Holley Terminator or Edelbrock Pro-Flo, check. The firewall back caution brings up a follow on question: If I wanted to use digital gauges, how do they integrate with a stock wiring harness/fuse block?

Appreciate the responses so far. In tank fuel pump & fuel regulator, check. Look at a complete kit like Holley Terminator or Edelbrock Pro-Flo, check. The firewall back caution brings up a follow on question: If I wanted to use digital gauges, how do they integrate with a stock wiring harness/fuse block?
They typically don't. You can build it out but that can start to get pricey. Most systems are CAN based and connect to the ECU directly completely bypassing the stock wiring. Many will have a separate wire with 3-4 leads that plug into a singular display or cluster. Keep in mind that what you'll monitor depends on the sensors you have and what the ECU supports. For example, all provide coolant temp and MAP, but not all will do oil temp or fuel pressure out of the box. What elements do you want guages for? I have a singular display for rpm, coolant temp, map, afr, timing, coolant enrichment, air temp enrichment, throttle position and IAC. I'm in the process of installing oil temp. I have analog for oil pressure and weirdly fuel level.

Dennis H, that's quite the thread. I'll be reading it fully before making any decisions/purchases. 'Kicker, I have been seeing digital gauges show up in more & more builds around town. I was thinking about replacing the analog gauges with a dash insert plus individual gauges or a single panel display. Again, I'm just beginning the efi quest so I don't know what I don't know. Suggestions are always welcomed. I appreciate ya!

Dipping my toe into the multiport efi pool and need some advice please. I have an intake, fuel rails, injectors, throttle body & FAST dual sync distributor. What else do I need? Looking for direction/suggestions re: ecu, wiring harness, O2 sensor, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
check with Mark Campbell or Matt Maxwell with Edlebrock now, was comp cams

I have the FAST 2.0 controller with their dual sync distributor. It's a bit smaller in size than the Holley Terminator, but I think the Terminator can also work with some Electronic automatic transmissions?

I have been trying to find out if I need to change out my injector "O"-rings if I run E-85?
The Intake/Injectors are from the original Edelbrock XT TPI type EFI kit, and I just swapped out the controller and distributor for more modern stuff.

this is intellatronx dash works great

dash 3.jpg

If those are 0-5v inputs they’ll work with certain systems, but most simple systems won’t have configurable input/output. If it’s CAN based, there’s a couple different languages as I understand it and limited compatibility. Here’s my setup. It’s all Holley Dominator EFI.

51FC47CB-D4CC-4E77-A2BC-379D1DB44BA2.jpeg

I have the FAST 2.0 controller with their dual sync distributor. It's a bit smaller in size than the Holley Terminator, but I think the Terminator can also work with some Electronic automatic transmissions?

I have been trying to find out if I need to change out my injector "O"-rings if I run E-85?
The Intake/Injectors are from the original Edelbrock XT TPI type EFI kit, and I just swapped out the controller and distributor for more modern stuff.
Interesting question re: O-ring replacement. I have limited knowledge but can't recall seeing any E-85 specific rings. If/when you find out, please let us/me know.

I've had a couple folks tell me FAST customer service/tech support isn't the greatest. No electronic trans - just a hp robbing 727.

If those are 0-5v inputs they’ll work with certain systems, but most simple systems won’t have configurable input/output. If it’s CAN based, there’s a couple different languages as I understand it and limited compatibility. Here’s my setup. It’s all Holley Dominator EFI.

View attachment 1467011
I'm thinking I'd like to keep my setup from all one company for simpilicity; I'd sell the odd parts to partially fund a complete system like yours. Any complaints with what you have? BTW, that is one sweet ride!

I'm thinking I'd like to keep my setup from all one company for simpilicity; I'd sell the odd parts to partially fund a complete system like yours. Any complaints with what you have? BTW, that is one sweet ride!
No complaints at all. I designed, fabricated, wired and tuned it all myself. The EFI system is all Holley dominator EFI. It’s an extremely popular system in the drag racing world so finding knowledgeable people who are familiar with wiring and tuning it is easily done.

Interesting question re: O-ring replacement. I have limited knowledge but can't recall seeing any E-85 specific rings. If/when you find out, please let us/me know.

I've had a couple folks tell me FAST customer service/tech support isn't the greatest. No electronic trans - just a hp robbing 727.
Typically, E85 will also need compatible fuel lines as well. If you have limited knowledge and skills, you’ll need to write some big checks to get this done. There’s very few direst bolt on MPFI “kits”. Is the engine boosted or normally aspirated?

Typically, E85 will also need compatible fuel lines as well. If you have limited knowledge and skills, you’ll need to write some big checks to get this done. There’s very few direst bolt on MPFI “kits”. Is the engine boosted or normally aspirated?
No worries; my old school wrenching skills are fully intact but my knowledge of efi is significantly limited at this point. However, thanks to you good folks, I'm learning at a rapid pace. Please keep the info coming. My engine is normally aspirated, no power adders.

true about FAST tech help, can be long wait. Very helpful if ya have time to be on hold though. They have been good to me and many others. But seems as if getting less and less about the FAST products, Wonder if Edlebrock has anything to do with that? I really am not wondering, am fairly sure. Good luck with your search and install

Auto Transport Service
Back