• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need picture of Heater Connection

66plysat

Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a picture of the engine compartment firewall connections of the heater wiring for a 1966 Satellite/Belvedere. I took pictures of my engine bay before replacing the engine, but I failed to take a picture of the heater wiring. There are two wires coming out of the heater motor housing, one black and one green. The green one has a bayonet style plug and the black one has a connector that looks like it would be held down with a screw. The car now has electronic ignition. Thanks for the help.
IMG_1268.jpg

Blk is ground to htr.motor shell. Green is power from interior.

Blk is ground to htr.motor shell. Green is power from interior.
I thought the black was probably a ground, are you saying the green wire is routed through the firewall to a connection under the dash near the heater box?

No, you have a '66; mine is a '68. Should be a lead following firewall towards blower motor. Mine's all internal but remembering from years ago. Hope it helps.

Black is ground and green hot. Motor will run either way if the squirrel cage turns the correct direction you've got it.

Auto Transport Service
Back