• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some info/tech help

scottmann27

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
IMAG1030.jpg
IMAG1031.jpg My question is the 68 and 69 hood latch the same? Mine will not latch or even touch each other when closed does it look like it has been changed? my Plymouth is a 68 not sure but hood could have been changed

Just looking at the latch assembly it I would suggest putting some grease on the pivot points. When those things dry out the latch spring can not overcome the friction of rust, dirt and gunk built up under the mechanisms....

No I can see through the grill. Its not going down in the latch

The part on hood come right to the grill latch if that make sense. I can probly take another picture with it closed

Im not sure about yours but some latches had two positions, one latched, one safety. You might want to roll the mechinism back to the right..it might already be in the latched position... sounds dumb but Ive had it happen before....

the part on the hood are different from 68 and 69 I had the same problem before

Thanks that was what i was thinking. I am in search of the part i need

Im not sure about yours but some latches had two positions, one latched, one safety. You might want to roll the mechinism back to the right..it might already be in the latched position... sounds dumb but Ive had it happen before....
I have checked that out all looks to be in good working order besides needing lubed

Not sure of 68to69 difference, but here's my 68,all original.

IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0922.JPG

Maybe I can help.. The roadrunner I have has a what i believe to be a 68 hood. The car is a 69. I had to find the correct hood latch loop which came from a 69. The one that was on the 68 hood would not latch at all. I adjusted every thing I knew to adjust and it never would work. I finally found one on ebay. It looked far different from the ones you guys have posted. I think in 69 the core support and hood latch assembly changed from the 68 location wise. Also had to move the loop towards the passenger side a little to get it to work. There were what looked like alternate locations already where i needed to put it. Just didn't have threaded holes.

Here is pretty much the same one I used to fix the issue, This one is from a GTX but should be 69.
s-l225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back