• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 4 dr door panels

brian.linn

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has advice for the 4 dr door panels... Cheaper to get what I have re-worked and recovered or buy new, if anyone sells them, any suggestions? Gonna be a street/strip (wagon) and would like somewhat stock looking panels.

Depending what Year, Make & Model you have, You can check with Legendary Automotive. I'm having Stock replacements made for my '63, from SMS, as no one else offers them. I ordered them in October, 2016, and am still waiting for delivery. I am starting to think I may have to have my originals reworked...
IMG_0694.JPG

I don't believe 4 door/wagon panels are made new.
Have them recovered or redo yourself.
I got lucky and after asking around found a retired upholstery guy who owned his own shop. When he closed his shop he brought everything to his home.
Other than fancy stitching or patterns, it's basically hardboard with I believe glued on material stapled on the back.
He did pleats on mine in between the two stainless trim pieces, all sewed together. He said if I did it myself I could easily glue different material in between.
I believe he ordered the material from a supplier called Miami.

A local upholstery shop wanted twice as much, but they have overhead, etc.

It’s for a 64, dark red (maroon) is what I’m going to do. I appreciate the comments guys... I would love to hear what anyone else thinks.

SMS...............LOL only 3 years so far.

Years ago Legendary did 65 panels for me. Along with seat covers. I had to send the covers and door panels to them to use for patterns. Can't say if they do them now.

I spoke with Legendary. The lady was sweet and helpful. She said they couldn’t do the panels, but sent me to SMS. I haven’t reached out to them, but Legendary did get me the correct part numbers for the colors I want.

My case was unusual, yes, however it took the upholstery guy 1 week to get materials and less than 3 weeks to complete the entire interior. I know he was working on other jobs during that time, and my stuff has some ridiculous number of pleats both on the panels and seats.

I had an upholstery shop do a different front seat for me, I delivered the covers and install kit, it took 4 weeks because they found broken springs that needed to be replaced. I've since done another full set of seats myself with legendary covers.

I can't imagine 2+ years for door panels.
One shouldn't take an order that can't be filled within a reasonable time frame, no?
If you have the originals, a month or two tops.

Auto Transport Service
Back