• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New American Autowire help

gaspar sosa

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I bought the classic update series for my 69 charger, I am testing it but when I test the turn signals nothing happen but I press the flashers a fuse blows up. the fuse is label as hazard and its feed the hazard and radio from battery. I have disconnected front turn signals and radio and I have removed the steering column connector and stays on? before I dive deep again can anyone advice me what is the best way or where to start looking for the problem? could it just the steering wheel connector although I have seen no damage?

Last edited:
Did you double check your wiring at the steering column connector? The only colors that match from the AAW harness to the original column are the white and black. Power for the turn signals comes from the AAW purple to the column wiring red. You should be able to check for continuity from the red to the TS leads with the switch in the left/right position to see if the switch is good. Slot K on the steering column connector (corresponds to the brown wire of the AAW harness) is for the hazard and shouldn't be used on a '69.

Did you double check your wiring at the steering column connector? The only colors that match from the AAW harness to the original column are the white and black. Power for the turn signals comes from the AAW purple to the column wiring red. You should be able to check for continuity from the red to the TS leads with the switch in the left/right position to see if the switch is good. Slot K on the steering column connector (corresponds to the brown wire of the AAW harness) is for the hazard and shouldn't be used on a '69.

Hello and thank you for your response. colors looks as they should and when I there was no issue when I tested for continuity on the turn signal switch. On the side of the harness I got continuity in all the wires except the white and the dk green. not sure if that is ok or maybe I should just start over and go back step by step

Those Pack Con male terminals are prone to pushing out of the connector when you push the two connectors together. You have to make sure they're seated and locked in. Probably not your problem, but a place where I've had frustration with these kits.

Auto Transport Service
Back