• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New fella and my first build!

KillerBz

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Good morning from North Kakalacky. I recently retired from the Marine Corps and decided to try my hand in my first restoration, I had no clue where to even start so I started watching Marketplace with much intrigue. I had several things come up that sparked my interest and saved probably thirty listings. I then started watching Barrett and Mecum just to get an idea of potential value of well executed builds, not that I would ever come close to comparing anything I build to some of those remarkable builds. I finally narrowed my search down to three, a 71 Nova base, a 57 chevy bel air two door nomad, and a 1973 Roadrunner, well by the time i was ready to pull the trigger on one I went with Roadrunner. I guess what really drove me too this Roadrunner was the actual verified mileage on it, 26,476 actual and verified through the title. (I do hope that's really all it has). Another big seller for me was the fact that it had a Big Block engine installed, in reality I guess that should have put up red flags, but ATM I had no clue. I made the deal for $2500. oh, and I purchased the two door Nomad as well for 7k, but my focus is on the RR. She has been sitting in a field untouched since 1992 and all four Craiger wheels had rotted to the point they busted in half but we got her home, I will post some pics of the RR and the Fender tag with the options, she really isn't anything special, 318 G car with the three speed Torq flite, Forrest Green Mettalic ext. and green interior, back bench is there and in really good shape but the front bench is missing, in its place is some kind of tan bench from god knows what, it's something to sit in for now. I am super stoked to have my first Mopar even though it may not be the most desirable Mopar it will be special to me and my daughter who is helping with her. Looking forward to sharing with the community and learning the ropes of Mopar's in general. Ill post pics sometime this week to catch you up on progress!! Killer B

Last edited:
Got one of the kids helping you? That's all I needed to hear. Good for you and congratulations. Another Roadrunner and Tri-5 owner myself :thumbsup:

Greetings and welcome from NY.

Welcome aboard from Ohio &&& Semper Fi.

Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your career of service!! Glad to have you join the group!

Road Runner Welcome (1).jpg

Welcome. Let's see that 73.

Thanks for your service

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. I have a thing for '73 RR as they clean up really well.

IMG_5598.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, make that RR great again.

Auto Transport Service
Back