• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Garage

Your building skills are phenomenal .......wish I had 1/2 your construction talents

So Its not that I haven't been busy but I have done a lousy job of updating my pictures into my computer...

Winter seemed a little light and I guess maybe that's why I didn't lose any of the perennials I planted last year...

With all the woodwork built last summer I have a lot of staining to do this year...

I changed the colors up a little and like it a lot more...

IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2149.JPG

I added a new handrail at the front stairs using wood left over from last year that was already dry enough to stain...
Walkway to the garage is finally stained...
I changed the stain on the garage porch as the dark stain showed too many dirty foot prints...

IMG_2152.JPG IMG_2163.JPG IMG_2165.JPG IMG_2164.JPG

Overhead view from the top deck...
It looks a little better now that the plants are finally filling in...

IMG_2185.JPG IMG_2184.JPG IMG_2168.JPG IMG_2186.JPG

I've been steady at it since the weather has allowed...just doesn't seem to go as fast as I would like...
All edging around the mulch is completed with about 30 new perennials in the ground this year...
I moved a few around and changed everything up a little...
7 scoops of mulch so far...one more down behind the garage should finish everything up...

IMG_2189.JPG IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2191.JPG IMG_2209.JPG

Another staining project completed...

Typically all of my hand rails and pickets can be removed...stained and reinstalled all in a couple pieces...

The section at the end of the garage was different as I had the wall below to tie the pickets into and didn't need a bottom 2x4...That made this section non removable without a huge hassle...

I also added in vertical stringers to the stairs beside the garage and filled in under the stair stringer to prevent this area from filling up with leaves like it did last year...

With this area completed I'm over 7 gallons of stain all installed with a brush...

IMG_2219.JPG IMG_2224.JPG IMG_2225.JPG IMG_1509.JPG

This all leads me to the back wall behind the sidewalk to the basement door...

After pressure washing everything a few weeks back I started the first coat of stain yesterday...

Ultimately I'd like to be able to finish the deck and install the new stairs on the back of the garage but with p/t lumber being so high now that's going to have to wait another year...

IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2235.JPG IMG_2236.JPG IMG_2233.JPG

Here's an updated pic of the front of the house...

There's enough staining left to do to keep me busy for a few more weeks...

At some point the roof is coming off the shed and the roofline will be changed to be as wide and as long as the deck with a 1' overhang on each side with new metal roofing to match the garage...

The shed dimensions will remain the same and there will be posts installed along the side and at the front all the way out to where the concrete sidewalk is...

In the end I'll have about 7' of covered porch at the front which will be a place to put a special project I currently have in the works...

IMG_2232.JPG IMG_2239.JPG IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1437.JPG

This is just maddening.....wish I had 1/8 your carpenter skills:thumbsup:

So was this a garage build or a landscaping build?? I won't show my wife.. she'd put me to work lol. Beautiful work:realcrazy:

So was this a garage build or a landscaping build?? I won't show my wife.. she'd put me to work lol. Beautiful work:realcrazy:
++1, also watch out for mudslides! Beautiful tho.

Kind of ashamed I haven't updated this in a year and a half...

Even more ashamed that I don't have much to add having looked through the pics I took this year...

Due to a change in my employment in December of 2020 and the recent spike in the cost of nearly everything I don't have much to report...

Worked a lot on my 65 Coronet AWB car last winter...

I did some staining to the upper deck on the house in the spring...

Planted a bunch of stuff in the spring and just basically took good care of everything without adding anything new...

Unloaded a lot of extra car parts I had laying around and got out of a storage unit I had to pay for...

Hit a few car shows...may or may not have done a little street racing...

Put a bunch of miles on the 69 Dart and 70 Satellite...

Outside of the car stuff kind of depressing actually...

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

0907182104.jpg

235665538_4303191909739935_7767936905326158297_n.jpg

I too can attest that life gets in the way of what you want to do. Just have to be patient and take things as they happen.

Kind of ashamed I haven't updated this in a year and a half...

Even more ashamed that I don't have much to add having looked through the pics I took this year...

Due to a change in my employment in December of 2020 and the recent spike in the cost of nearly everything I don't have much to report...

Worked a lot on my 65 Coronet AWB car last winter...

I did some staining to the upper deck on the house in the spring...

Planted a bunch of stuff in the spring and just basically took good care of everything without adding anything new...

Unloaded a lot of extra car parts I had laying around and got out of a storage unit I had to pay for...

Hit a few car shows...may or may not have done a little street racing...

Put a bunch of miles on the 69 Dart and 70 Satellite...

Outside of the car stuff kind of depressing actually...

View attachment 1383980

View attachment 1383981

View attachment 1383982

View attachment 1383983

View attachment 1383984

View attachment 1383986

View attachment 1383987
Place look great!

So there hasn't been any more work done to the garage but back in the fall I decided that over the winter when work would be scarce I was going to do some updates to the inside of the house...
I started by installing a glass tile backsplash in the kitchen which I still haven't managed to grout yet...
It's not the greatest but it is a lot better than the old burgundy paint that was there...
I also got some painting done to the cap on the low wall that surrounded the stairs...
Once the back splash is grouted everything in the kitchen is finished...

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

Since my wife has been working from home for nearly 3 years it was time she had an office so one of the 3 bedrooms would have to pull double duty...
It was my youngest's bedroom and was painted in 2007 and he wanted a "Steelers" design...
It was pretty bad towards the end and everything inside would need to go...

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back