• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Garage

I removed all of the base and carpeting and patched the walls and ceilings and primed and repainted everything...
I put the closet door back on and trimmed the bottoms of all the door frames for new flooring...
Originally new flooring was ran in the hallway years ago with a transition strip to the carpeted bedroom.
I had to install a layer of 1/2" plywood everywhere to match the existing floor in the hallway and then install all of the new LVP flooring...

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

Then it was time to install the new base along with crown molding at the ceiling...
We picked a pretty neutral paint color for the walls "Vanilla Steam" and then added one wall with an accent color...
I just put a regular flat white ceiling paint on the ceilings and used a satin white for all of the trim...
I spent the time hardwiring cat 6 to the 2 extra bedrooms so whether the kids are working from home or whatever the internet service is better than wifi...

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

About the time I thought I had everything finished the wife also wanted to keep the bed in this room for whenever the kids are at home...
We also decided to use the closet as a pantry to store extra kitchen supplies and sodas...
The old bed was just a frame with no headboard so we started searching for one we liked...
After not really finding what we wanted I ended up having to build a custom headboard to use with the existing bed frame...

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

I still have to add curtain rods in this room and then it will be finished...
After remodeling the 2nd bathroom about 5 years ago I had a towel bar that got broke off of the wall and we didn't want to re-install it there so I had some painting to do in there...

1st pic is where I had put a dark paint on the ceiling when it was built and hated it so all walls and the ceiling got updated along with a new fan motor that started to make noise...

2nd is of the removed towel bar...It managed to get torn loose some how...no one seems to know why...

Regardless all of the paint colors where changed and a green accent wall was painted where the old towel bar was located...

1130142024b.jpg

1126142016a.jpg

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

On to the master bath that sadly didn't have anything done to it for the entire 21 years we've been here...
It's kind of small and pretty bland but it does everything we need it to do...
The flooring was a decent linoleum but had been replaced before we bought the house and they installed f/n 1/4 round half assed everywhere at the perimeter...
It just looked like crap...
Most of the grout in the shower had washed away from the ceramic tile so it too needed attention...
I removed all the old grout and installed new...
gutted the flooring and base and refurbished the existing vanity cabinet and sink...
I removed the dated mirrors and lighting and updated the faucets in the sink and added a new toilet...
I also installed drop bulkheads above the shower...sink and the door opening as I wanted to put crown molding in here also but didn't want to run around all of the odd angles...

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

All new paint installed...The wall to the left of the toilet is a darker accent color than the rest...
All new flooring and base...
New toilet...diverter valve and shower head along with a new mirror...lighting and new towel bars...

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

Last edited:
Dang!! The first 2 pages made tired!! Do you ever take a break!? lol Have you been doing this kind of work all your life??

Now it's on to the master bedroom which was newly painted when we moved in but that was 22 years ago this June...
There were a few small cracks in the drywall...someone installed all of the base too low and it forced the carpeting down lower than the tack strips which caused the edge of the room to always look dirty...
I've ran into this before but for some reason the interior walls after time telegraph thru the paint where the studs and nails are...
I had put crown molding in the first room so if this is the master it should be maybe a little fancier than a normal bedroom right???
The walls are over 12' in both directions so crown molding would need to be cut and pieced together to be long enough...
I decided to add 5 1/2" drop bulkheads 13" wide around the perimeter and build what looks like a tray ceiling...
Fixed all of the damage to the walls and ceilings and got everything sanded and ready for paint...

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

Dang!! The first 2 pages made tired!! Do you ever take a break!? lol Have you been doing this kind of work all your life??
No but it sure does seem like it...
I only started this kind of stuff about the time I turned 37 or so...

The walls were painted and I decided to add a feature wall behind the headboard but this time I didn't use paint...
The wall at the window is a darker accent wall and all the others are the same...The feature wall I installed new mdf shiplap siding painted flat white...
All doors and frames everywhere had 2 new coats of white satin installed and new brushed nickel hardware and hinges...All electrical covers and switch plates were replaced along with a new light/fan combo using led lighting...
Closets were painted and updated also...
I have to install the crown molding and finish the painting on the inside of the closet doors and I can lay carpeting and move all of the furniture back in...
It's still a work in progress...but all of this work in 4 separate rooms is what I've gotten done in the last 6 weeks...

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

No but it sure does seem like it...
I only started this kind of stuff about the time I turned 37 or so...
I started working in new home construction when I was 14....hanging asbestos siding working for my dad. By the time I was 18 was sub contract decking and outside insulation. Back then the insulation was gyp rock and heavy 1/2" thick stuff.....good money though.

Now it's on to the master bedroom which was newly painted when we moved in but that was 22 years ago this June...
There were a few small cracks in the drywall...someone installed all of the base too low and it forced the carpeting down lower than the tack strips which caused the edge of the room to always look dirty...
I've ran into this before but for some reason the interior walls after time telegraph thru the paint where the studs and nails are...
I've seen it and it was often caused by people burning those giant scented candles...not sure why it does that.

When I removed the old carpet the pad was almost completely destroyed everywhere you walked...

The plywood floor was pretty rough in some of those areas so I primed it hoping it would extend the life of the new padding...

I was able to get the carpet guy scheduled for Friday the 17th and we upgraded to a better pad...

In the meantime I got the tv mounted back on the wall and installed the drapes...

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

Once the carpeting was installed I started cutting the base and painted everything with 2 coats...

1st thing Saturday I installed all of the base and finished with the 3rd coat of paint...

After the thresholds were installed it was on to moving all the furniture back in...

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2935.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2936.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back