• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy - 65 Belvedere Cross Ram Hemi

Odd Rod

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1965 Plymouth Satellite Belvedere out of Lexington, KY known as the "G Town Gernade". Powered by a 90's iron block Hemi topped with a cross ram. It has an A-833 four speed and a Sure Grip 3:73 geared Dana 60. The Plymouth is an old drag car that the previous owner was converting to a street/strip car. I am now the proud/challenged owner with finishing that task. I have already found tons of useful information on your forum and look forward to learning more about how B Bodies are built and tuned by all of you. I've worked on Pontiacs for most of my life but always dreamed of owning and working on a Hemi car. My dream is now upon me. Thanks for having me and thanks in advance for all the guidance you will provide!

IMG_5252.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5226.jpeg

IMG_5224.jpeg

IMG_5225.jpeg

Welcome from CT. Nice looking car. Is there a big cam in it or was it detuned? My stalled project.

1965 Dodge 015.JPG

1965 Dodge 001.JPG

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Awesome project you latched onto! There are lots of Hemi and Belvedere guys on here willing to help out. Thanks for the pictures.

WOW! I've got a new favorite car on the forum!
Love it!

Welcome, Rod! Way cool car!! :thumbsup:

nice ride friend , and welcome to the club . i've got a couple 65's a bel rag and a ht commando 4spd .

Welcome from WNY to You, and that Great '65 ! Keep us up to date on your progress, and Please don't forget the pics !!!

Welcome from NJ! Fun project!

Welcome from CT. Nice looking car. Is there a big cam in it or was it detuned? My stalled project.

View attachment 1627233

View attachment 1627234
I have a picture of a dyno sheet for the motor when it was configured with a single four. On the dyno the motor achieved 558 HP at 5700 and 533 Ft/Lbs at 5400. Those are "not" rear wheel numbers, they are crank. This Hemi may give a little more with the right fuel and the cross ram dual fours at those RPMs. So, I guess it has some "bump" but nothing too radical. It has shown good street manners, so far.

I have a picture of a dyno sheet for the motor when it was configured with a single four. On the dyno the motor achieved 558 HP at 5700 and 533 Ft/Lbs at 5400. Those are "not" rear wheel numbers, they are crank. This Hemi may give a little more with the right fuel and the cross ram dual fours at those RPMs. So, I guess it has some "bump" but nothing too radical. It has shown good street manners, so far.
BTW, I meant to mention you have a mighty fine project going in your garage!

Welcome to the site. Don’t have a Hemi, but I have a 65. Looks like a great project.

Welcome from Alabama, what a great project.

Auto Transport Service
Back