• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New hand built gen3 intakes

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys

Those of you following my build thread know I'm making a bunch of one off stuff. Well we have the ability to custom make gen3 intakes based on the work I've already done. I've been designing and building intakes for many years now. If you are thinking about a one off intake for your car hit me up. I can help.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I am sure my wallet says empty but would love a shorter runner version. What does something like that cost?

Again Clearly my wallet is empty currently so its pure speculation and drool over here...

depends, $2000 to $5000 based on what it is, how much billet is used, how many sets of injectors, nitrous nozzles etc

depends, $2000 to $5000 based on what it is, how much billet is used, how many sets of injectors, nitrous nozzles etc

Yep 2k is just about 4 x what I have into my entire 5.7 haha...I would spend some time upgrading to a different engine control module and maybe stroking it before I did a custom intake. I love yours though, its just plain cool!

They are not cheap, they are not necessary for most folks, but if you are running a big gen3 motor or a lot of boost these work exceptionally well

Do you have any dyno numbers with this intake? Just about to start a boosted 5.7 for the 68.

This intake made over 1400 wheel at 20# of boost on a 426 cube motor, a fully ported 6.1 made 1230 at the same boost on the same motor

Showing off again! Lol!
That is sweet!!

Those look awesome, do you have a price point? I just gave all my coin to magnum and bonspeed but slowly gathering parts for the gen3 build

Hey guys

Those of you following my build thread know I'm making a bunch of one off stuff. Well we have the ability to custom make gen3 intakes based on the work I've already done. I've been designing and building intakes for many years now. If you are thinking about a one off intake for your car hit me up. I can help.

View attachment 331672
I was told that you were the man when it came to Gen III intakes. What I need is a stock 6.1 SRT8 intake for my new Gen III hemi build. I found an aluminum 6.1 racing block and my builder needs a stock intake and he will port it for me, but he's not the type that likes to wait on parts. So if you could help me I'd be grateful!! V/r Don

What are you building? Is it an NA motor? If so, call up Dave at Modern Muscle in virginia. He will have one in stock he can sell you. I just build intakes

Those look awesome, do you have a price point? I just gave all my coin to magnum and bonspeed but slowly gathering parts for the gen3 build
They vary in price depending on how much billet is used in making them. as low as about 1700 as high as about 4500

They vary in price depending on how much billet is used in making them. as low as about 1700 as high as about 4500
I'm going to be running a Kenne Bell supercharger. So I'm not sure if I even need an intake.

I was told that you were the man when it came to Gen III intakes. What I need is a stock 6.1 SRT8 intake for my new Gen III hemi build. I found an aluminum 6.1 racing block and my builder needs a stock intake and he will port it for me, but he's not the type that likes to wait on parts. So if you could help me I'd be grateful!! V/r Don
I will keep your intakes in mind. It looks like I will be using a procharger instead of a Kenne Bell blower. John Mercedes of South East Performance is coordinating my my build and providing the rotating assembly. I will talk to him and have him check out your work. V/r. Don

Auto Transport Service
Back