• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New or Rebuilt Carter AVS 4966S

Carter AVS

• Lose it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use it

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
No that is usually used for the air cleaner preheat function from what I’ve seen.

Once again, thank you for your acknowledgement. Regarding the Summit link, yes this what you need...but consider talking with @HALIFAXHOPS, on this site, as he is very good when it comes to Mopar ignition systems and components....he may be able to supply what you need that has been tested. Some of the current Mopar offerings originate in China and are of dubious quality and have been known for problems after installation. When sourcing the transmission control linkage, try using a request in the WANT TO PURCHASE section of this site or searching FOR SALE SECTION......just a thought. The same thing applies to the missing A/C suction and discharge hoses and the additional parts needed when converting to R-134A. Let us know how you make out....... PM me if I can help further....
BOB RENTON
Thanks again for the information.
Seems like a lot is missing for the transmission control linkage:
upload_2021-10-14_20-46-16.png
upload_2021-10-14_20-46-44.png

I assume when i will make an order at ClassicCarIndustries or Summit the quality is enough/good?

Since i'm based in the EU/Netherlands, i will make probably one big order in the coming weeks, for all kind of parts which i need, carb rebuilt kit, stripes/stickers/tail, wiring dash/engine, rims, front glass, sealings etc etc etc :)
Finding stuff here on the forum would be an overkill on shippingcost.

Seems like a lot is missing for the transmission control linkage:View attachment 1179650View attachment 1179651

I assume when i will make an order at ClassicCarIndustries or Summit the quality is enough/good?

Since i'm based in the EU/Netherlands, i will make probably one big order in the coming weeks, for all kind of parts which i need, carb rebuilt kit, stripes/stickers/tail, wiring dash/engine, rims, front glass, sealings etc etc etc :)

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if you could obtain a copy of the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL (FSM) specific for the year and model of your car. In the FSM, you will see the way the transmission control linkage connects to the carb's throttle shaft. It appears, from your pixs, that there is a bellcrank, shown in the first pix, the one with small swivel ball shown red, should have an adjustable female swivel attached to a threaded rod leading down to the transmission. You are also lacking the adjustable horizontal rod from the carb's throttle shaft stud, where you have the return spring attached, connecting with the previously noted bellcrank with a corresponding tension spring. The FSM will note the complete arrangement and orientation. These FSMs are on line as free PDF files. Sorry, I cannot recall the location address....perhaps someone else can provide the address. I also believe that there are free PDF copies of the MOPAR parts manuals specific to your year and model of vehicle. That way, you can be specific as to the exact parts needed to find the missing parts. Is it possible that these missing parts are in the trunk (boot) ? The FSM is several hundred pages; likewise, so is the parts manual.
YES, I realize you're in the Netherlands....but, talk/email @HALIFAXHOPS he will provide some excellent advice re the distributor and associated hardware, b4 placing an order with Summit or Year One. I'm sure others will be able to provide possible sources for the needed transmission control linkage pieces and parts. Just some additional points to ponder.....
BOB RENTON

Seems like a lot is missing for the transmission control linkage:View attachment 1179650View attachment 1179651

I have the ignition parts. If you need I have had stuff sent to me to combine and ship it all together in the past overseas.

GTX,
Consider posting a question or asking for information on this forum about the various components needed to reconstruct the transmission control linkage on your car. There has been a variation of parts used beginning with the vehicle's make (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler), vehicle's year, engine, and transmission (Torque Flite A727A or A727B) as these required omponents seem to subtlety change from year to year, model to model, engine to engine, and transmissions. Hopefully, for your sake, the former owner of the car has not operated the car too long with these transmission contol linkage parts missing. The purpose of the linkage is to raise the transmission's line pressures as the throttle is opened. The line pressures control the internal clutch apply pressures, (balanced against the governor pressure which controls the when [MPH] the shift occurs) raising the pressures to control clutch slippage as the transmission up shifts, dependant on throttle open position, and to originate a 3-2 down shift (or "passing gear") during normal operation. Not to make a "big deal" out of the situation, low transmission line pressures will result in slow clutch apply time, allowing for more slippage b4 the clutch is fully applied, resulting in excessive clutch wear. Just an additional points to ponder.....
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
GTX,
To continue this discussion.....CONSIDER calling A&A TRANSMISSIONS, here in the States. They are a premier TorqueFlite trans mission supplier, specializing in racing transmissions but have a PDF catalog of their offerings and on page 55 - 60 they show complete downshift throttle linkage components and will likely have what you need.....call them or e-mail them. Availability???....you'll have to determine for yourself depending on what's required.
Just a thought.....
BOB RENTON
Contact info....
www.aandatrans.com
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.
Technical Advice: Available by calling (317) 831-5610 Monday - Thursday, between the hours of 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT, faxing (317) 831-9710, emailing us at [email protected] or writing to A&A Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113.
A&A Transmissions
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113
(317) 831-3066

Last edited:
GTX,
To continue this discussion.....CONSIDER calling A&A TRANSMISSIONS, here in the States. They are a premier Torque Flite trans mission supplier, specializing in racing transmissions but have a PDF catalog of their offerings and on page 55 - 60 they show complete downshift throttle linkage components and will likely have what you need.....call them or e-mail them. Availability???....you'll have to determine for yourself depending on what's required.
Just a thought.....
BOB RENTON
Contact info....
www.aandatrans.com
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.
Technical Advice: Available by calling (317) 831-5610 Monday - Thursday, between the hours of 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT, faxing (317) 831-9710, emailing us at [email protected] or writing to A&A Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113.
A&A Transmissions
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113
(317) 831-3066
Like Bob says, don't drive it without the linkage hooked up and adjusted.

Auto Transport Service
Back