• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Pick-up truck

mightymopar

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Just got my new Ram last Thursday, just in time for the Norwalk, Ohio drags. Wifey and I and 9 year old Grandson went. What a time. The truck is the Eco diesel. Got 28 mpg on the road from NY to Ohio.

Pics or you're lyin'...

What speed?

Sounds great.

Man, What a tough crowd. Soon as I take some I will prove it to all naysayers. I assume you guys are jokin.

I'd be interested to know what it's like to tow with one of these. I think they are rated to tow 9800lbs. Pretty impressive for a small diesel.

congrats,
I hope your enjoying your new truck

Impressive fuel economy, tons of money though. Remember when pickups were some of the cheapest vehicles? Guess that was before air conditioned seats and bluetooth.

Impressive fuel economy, tons of money though. Remember when pickups were some of the cheapest vehicles? Guess that was before air conditioned seats and bluetooth.

Even used up POS's are expensive here. Demand is so high cuz every ahole thinks they 'might' need to tow 11000 lbs or need 4wd for an inch of rain.

Even base trucks that are a step above commercial trucks invoice in the mid 20k range. Crazy.

SUVs went out of style and trucks replaced them.

Awesome, way to go with the new purchase can't beat a bad *** Dodge.

Nice! Great fuel mileage, should get better with miles too. Did you order it and if you did was the wait long?

I have been seriously debating what to get in the next truck and that eco-diesel seems like a decent option. Though I am also seriously considering the 2500 with the 6.7 and a manual transmission...But do I need to be able to tow a house (or 2)?

Congrats on the new truck and thanks for letting us know your fuel economy!

It surprised me that the new 1500 diesel crew cab short box is just as heavy as my 97 2500 diesel but for a V6 engine, the numbers are pretty nice. The most I've seen in mpg with mine is 25 highway and 19 city. The lowest in town is 17 (probably could make that much worse if I tried hard lol) and 17 highway pulling 4000 lbs of light weight car on an open trailer running 75 with the wind at my back. I have noticed that weather conditions really play a big part in fuel mileage on diesels.....at least it does on mine however I really like my diesel. Just need to find a more comfy seat for it.

Man, What a tough crowd. Soon as I take some I will prove it to all naysayers. I assume you guys are jokin.

This is 2014...Who buys a new ride and does not take photos?...or posts about it without, said photos? :poke:

...And if you took it to the drags what did it run on the track?

I would echo everything Cranky said. Wind drives 2500 Ram crazy. I have gotten as high as 26 when it had 235/85/16s on it. Down to 22 or so with 275/75/16s. 72 is happy rpm on my truck.

Even base trucks that are a step above commercial trucks invoice in the mid 20k range. Crazy.

SUVs went out of style and trucks replaced them.

I know, right? Seems crazy to dump that kind of dough into a truck and then load cinder blocks and such. I know about 10 years ago a friend of my dumped $45K into a new 1 ton Dodge to haul horse crap. HORSE CRAP for cryin' out loud!

He got really mad at me when I pointed out that my '89 D250 Ram that I paid $3200 for in 2002 would haul the same horse crap with the only downside being the need for extra trip or two. Yeah...it was worth saying it. :icon_mrgreen:

It surprised me that the new 1500 diesel crew cab short box is just as heavy as my 97 2500 diesel but for a V6 engine, the numbers are pretty nice. The most I've seen in mpg with mine is 25 highway and 19 city. The lowest in town is 17 (probably could make that much worse if I tried hard lol) and 17 highway pulling 4000 lbs of light weight car on an open trailer running 75 with the wind at my back. I have noticed that weather conditions really play a big part in fuel mileage on diesels.....at least it does on mine however I really like my diesel. Just need to find a more comfy seat for it.

You have a 2WD correct? My '98 12V 4WD will get 19, but I dont' check every tank.

:hello2: 2014 Truck 015.jpg2014 Truck 017.jpg2014 Truck 033.jpg2014 Truck 032.jpg2014 Truck 015.jpg2014 Truck 017.jpg2014 Truck 033.jpg2014 Truck 032.jpgHere's some pictures of the truck. It is 4wd, I did take it to the drags is Ohio, no I did not run it, the mpg speed was 65-80 mph, I have had 4 previous Dodges with the Hemi and before those I had 3 Dakotas, all those purchases took place after I got divorced and freed up again. This one is with my new wife, what a trooper. Also a picture of the girl that loves me the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Another example of why my new wife (5 years) is such a wonderful woman.

Attachments

• 100_2756.jpg
    100_2756.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_2753.jpg
    100_2753.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_3533.jpg
    100_3533.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_3525.jpg
    100_3525.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 127
I like the color, and pretty much everything else about your new truck. How 'bout bringing 'er out and let me test drive it. It's only about a 4000 mile round trip.

Auto Transport Service
Back