• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New rims and tires now Holley sniper time

I am going with the Holley Sniper also in the near future. Living in AZ, I am worried about using a return line located at the engine (and back to the tank) due to the immense heat, therefore heating the whole tank of gas and potentially damaging the pump in the long term.
Since my MPG is so low, I will use the fuel quickly in the line, so it won't get too hot.
I was going to mount the return regulator near the tank and then feed only one line to the EFI. I know some people have done this, but some said it required a Fuel Pulse Damper at the motor.

I am a newbie to the Sniper and any comments are appreciated!
I am a newbie also but I do know if you call Holly tech support they can answer any question you have

What are you talking about
Go back and read my previous post about the fuel level sender.... I posted that for a reason.. The sender you have is junk... Your fuel gauge isn't gonna work accurately.. My self and allot of others have been there & done that... Send it back now before you install & get the upgraded sender.... OR DON'T....

BTW don't put to much faith in Holley... They are great to a point but they are in the business of selling stuff...

Go back and read my previous post about the fuel level sender.... I posted that for a reason.. The sender you have is junk... Your fuel gauge isn't gonna work accurately.. My self and allot of others have been there & done that... Send it back now before you install & get the upgraded sender.... OR DON'T....
The float or pump?

If your talking about the float I’m not using there’s I have purchased a different one are you talking about the 255lph pump unit?

I am going with the Holley Sniper also in the near future. Living in AZ, I am worried about using a return line located at the engine (and back to the tank) due to the immense heat, therefore heating the whole tank of gas and potentially damaging the pump in the long term.
Since my MPG is so low, I will use the fuel quickly in the line, so it won't get too hot.
I was going to mount the return regulator near the tank and then feed only one line to the EFI. I know some people have done this, but some said it required a Fuel Pulse Damper at the motor.

I am a newbie to the Sniper and any comments are appreciated!
The Holley Sniper has the fuel pressure regulator built into the unit. There’s nothing external to mount.

I suggest you fully understand what’s involved to install the system before spending money.

The Holley Sniper has the fuel pressure regulator built into the unit. There’s nothing external to mount.

I suggest you fully understand what’s involved to install the system before spending money.
I am planning ahead and going with the 400 LP in tank pump. The regulator, at that flow rate is not in the tank. It is an external mount. If I decide later to do more, the fuel system won't ever be an issue.
That is a high flow rate, but I am not going to mount the regulator at the carb. I will mount it right next to the tank, since a return line method would be take fuel all the way back to the tank and a street driven vehicle in AZ is going to feed all that hot gas back into the tank and heat the whole tank (at least what I have been told). Keep in mind that as street driven, I may be running hours in the summer on pavement that will cook an egg and some bacon.

It isn't as recommended, but I have seen guys that mount the external regulator right near the tank to keep fuel cool and then run a single line to the carb as I described above.
My worry is the injectors are going to choke a little with no return line, so I will make it a very large feed line. If needed, I can put a fuel damper right at the carb to help ensure that my fuel pressure is not bouncing around.

I need to run the blow through Super Sniper (800 CFM and 1250 on boost) since I am going to eventually run boost. Using this method, hopefully tons of fuel availability will never be a concern.

I do appreciate your input.

Last edited:
245/40/18 front nitto g2’s
275/40/18 rears nitto g2’s
Next time I will go with a 295, just gives me a reason to burn them off quicker

View attachment 1385361

View attachment 1385362

View attachment 1385365

View attachment 1385406
Good to see you have the most important tool to hand.....

1672354038865.png

Make sure to have everything connected and fitted before firing the engine.

Double-check, and check again. :thumbsup:

Do not try and use a single line and a dead-head type bypass to send excess fuel back to the tank. A dead-head pressure regulator or bypass will mess with the operation of the Sniper TB unit.

You must run a twin line, fuel IN and a Return line. No matter what the book says, it won't work properly.

The fuel needs to circulate through the Sniper TB unit and be regulated by it also. Fuel circulation also assists with keeping the Sniper TB unit cooler.

Auto Transport Service
Back