• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New shop build out coming to life

Jesse6869

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
So here it is i bought property in nevada to build my dream garage. I will and have been heading there every weekend to get things ready. The property is 2.5 acres it came with a small shop 30x36 no concrete inside. I purchased a 42x96 16’ ceiling 3 bay doors year ago this process is finally taking shape. Trying to get electricians, concrete guys, structural engineers has been vary difficult but I’m seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. So in August i got my house meter upgraded and had a second meter installed for the shop. This past weekend got concrete installed in old shop and pad prepped for new shop that should be delivered on march 20th and build should start in march 28. That’s the plan i did order it a year ago so we will see. Also i bought a dump trailer and tractor to clear much of the property as possible the previous owner loved vegetation. Still lots to do but it’s coming along and will also use the tractor to complete a bathroom trenching for new shop electrical. Will also be building a 1000sq mezzanine inside. That’s were the structural engineer comes into play in the end i will have 6000sq of shop.
983E5953-4DEE-41CA-BDE5-5821CD06321A.jpeg
DAAF3533-7F1B-46BD-B554-FAB4DDEDE5ED.jpeg
FF624A11-242B-47EF-B7F4-C7523FEE3BE8.jpeg
E467EF3E-6890-4C3B-86E5-08E680E24C2D.jpeg
274E1021-3541-485E-BFD2-3D8C148342B5.jpeg
EB95F715-7D21-4B68-9558-A348D481F61E.jpeg

Don't forget, your shop is only big enough when you can stand at one end and look at the other and see the curve of the earth.
Fun stuff. Lot's of work but well worth it.
:thumbsup:

Yes sir, much work but the excitement is overwhelming. Like a child that bought a new toy. But you are correct I’m thinking its already not big enough. Thank s jesse

Last edited:
Beautiful view!!! Maaaaaaan my job keeps me in NY.

No one ever said their garage was too big.

Great to see your dream in process of coming true Jesse! Thanks for sharing this! Will watch to see more.

Is your house on the same piece of property?

That property does have a house on it. I live 2.5 hours away in California and will head up on Friday after work. And will start taking Fridays off stay up all weekend and soon move out there but will keep both houses for options.

You will be so glad you made the existing shop upgrades. Terrific view.

That property does have a house on it. I live 2.5 hours away in California and will head up on Friday after work. And will start taking Fridays off stay up all weekend and soon move out there but will keep both houses for options.
Nice plans. You must be young. I could do that 20 years ago. Now if I think about it I ache.

congrats we are only here a short time if you have a dream and can make it happen give it 100pr cent . enjoy

Your first picture, at first glance, I thought it was a mural painted on the wall. Beautiful scenery you have there :thumbsup:

when i was building my shop, wife said . is it gonna be big enough? I said sure. Boy was i in for a surprise . that one time i should have listened to her was when she said build it bigger, but noooooo .

Young, i feel young sometimes but then sometimes I’m like its going to fast. I’m turning 48 but if i dont do it now it wont happen i have 4 young kids they may got to collage oldest is 13. The cost of these shops have increased almost half from a year ago, concrete has doubled and so has electrical. Every time i turn around someone is telling me they need more money. I was going to go 50x96 should have stuck to it but i gave back to her a little. I regret it a little but with all these increasing cost not so much I’m not rich just average joe that worked many hours. At first i was going to build here in California but to many laws, I couldn’t build what i wanted so headed to navada to buy a unfinished Barn on a hillside. When i left she said at least buy property with a house LOL , so here we are year almost to the day.

Don't forget, your shop is only big enough when you can stand at one end and look at the other and see the curve of the earth.
You need enough for the drag strip and shut down!
Mike
Fun stuff. Lot's of work but well worth it.
:thumbsup:

Way to go! I think your city, Vacaville, hired the ex police chief of San Luis Obispo Deanna Cantrell. Worthless/woke/bus driving/corrupt piece of poo.

The city is nice, but as time goes on the crap is moving closer to us. So I’m going east then the people in navada are going out further east. Who nows how long I will stay in Vacaville hopefully she will not effect me. I’m just ready to move out now.

Auto Transport Service
Back