• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the board

Plymouth71

Waterslide Decal Artist
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Just picked up my 1st B-Body. Excited to pick your brains !

1971 Satellite RoadRunner Clone. Alas it only has a 2bbl 318. And it needs tuning as it running rich and constantly stalling.

1.jpg

yah but it still looks cool just sitting there!

welcome to the fold and enjoy the new ride!

welcome to FBBO nice Satty/RR clone

Welcome! Nice and clean looking car, I'm sure you're happy. You'll fit in fine here. :)

Thank you everyone. I'm not sure which carb it would be designated as, it is the original 2bbl carb, and from the dealer sticker, it looks like it started life as a plain jane satellite. I came with 14" wheels covered by the deluxe wheel covers. The car has 42000 original miles as far as I can tell. The interior is also plain jane. It has a bench seat, and vinyl/cloth covers.

KGrHqRlIFIu9928BSBRfh4f48_20.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGUFFhyLipbBSBRg-3Geg48_20.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGUFFhyLipbBSBReuGLiw48_20.jpg

BTW, I noticed some belt squeal so I want to replace the belts, What is the best way to tighten the alternator? For the life of me, I can't remember how to get the leverage needed.

Thanks again

Nice car, 71. Ha - it's been awhile for me, too, but I always used a pry bar to get the alternator tight.

welcome! kinda fond of that blue.

very nice score! From one Clone to another...great color...is the Air Grabber hood functional?
cc3_zpsdd56e3d9.jpg

008-4.jpg

Yes technically. It's just missing all the guts. The door has a hinge and can open, but there is no underhood assembly or cable etc. (Yet)

Yes technically. It's just missing all the guts. The door has a hinge and can open, but there is no underhood assembly or cable etc. (Yet)

Those parts are available at least. No cable though, it's vacuum operated.

Auto Transport Service
Back