• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New toy.... '63 Savoy Wagon

brian.linn

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I bought this car last week, I'm the 3rd owner, bought new in
'63 from a sweet little ol lady... The car was sold in in 1992 where the guy drove the car for about 8 years. The car is a 318 poly with a 3 speed and 35,000 original miles... I am making some cosmetic changes, adding a 4 speed, wheels, tires, exhaust and some other stuff to make it mine... I will add pics as I go. It looks awesome sitting next to my 65 Plymouth!!

Attachments

• 1963.jpg
    1963.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 836
Sweet looking project. It doesn't look that bad rust wise, assuming that the roof and fender tops are just surface rust. I'll go ahead and assume it needs floors. Planning on keeping the poly?

For now yes, the poly stays... Surface rust on roof and fenders, I fiberglassed the floors right now, I just want to drive this thing!!! I plan to build a replica of a Gas Class C/G Drag car... Nose high, skinny fronts and 10" cheater slicks from Hurst Racing Tires in the rear, I'm going for the look, I got my 65 to go for the performance... I am really excited! I talked to Cody (Hurst) today and ordered my tires, I told him what I was putting together and coincidently he mentioned your car... That is BADASS you posted on my forum!!!

That "sweet little ol lady" put the hood scoop on ?

Nice find, good luck with it.

For now yes, the poly stays... Surface rust on roof and fenders, I fiberglassed the floors right now, I just want to drive this thing!!! I plan to build a replica of a Gas Class C/G Drag car... Nose high, skinny fronts and 10" cheater slicks from Hurst Racing Tires in the rear, I'm going for the look, I got my 65 to go for the performance... I am really excited! I talked to Cody (Hurst) today and ordered my tires, I told him what I was putting together and coincidently he mentioned your car... That is BADASS you posted on my forum!!!

Right on, I dig the direction you're heading and feel like it can be pulled off on a budget without looking cheesy or god forbid "rat rod". Find your theme and stick with it. Our '64 is built as a "what if?" factory altered wheelbase wagon in the theme of '65. Confusing, I know. Cody is a wicked dude to deal with and digs his early Mopars big time. Unfortunately I need to switch to a slick that will actually hook, function prevails over looks this time. I'll keep my pie crusts for show purposes and gratuitous burn-outs.

Good luck on the project.

Right on, I dig the direction you're heading and feel like it can be pulled off on a budget without looking cheesy or god forbid "rat rod". Find your theme and stick with it. Our '64 is built as a "what if?" factory altered wheelbase wagon in the theme of '65. Confusing, I know. Cody is a wicked dude to deal with and digs his early Mopars big time. Unfortunately I need to switch to a slick that will actually hook, function prevails over looks this time. I'll keep my pie crusts for show purposes and gratuitous burn-outs.

Good luck on the project.

So, the tires don't hook all that great? Good to know, I was wondering if a stock 318 would be able to do some smokey burnouts.... I have hope!!!

So, the tires don't hook all that great? Good to know, I was wondering if a stock 318 would be able to do some smokey burnouts.... I have hope!!!

Our current mid 11 second combo will overpower the slicks at most tracks. We had perfect traction at some of the bigger tracks with mega-burnouts and no down time between B/O and launch. These tracks are prepped for 6 second cars so they're laying down the sticky. If you're just rocking a weekend warrior and don't care about spinning a few revolutions then I highly recommend them, they look bitchin'. Sometimes you really don't want too much traction for a street car. That's when you start breaking parts. Don't forget your drive shaft loop as well.

I love it. That red wagon would look awesome in my garage sitting next to my red 63 Sport Fury ! Ron

that wagon is nice:icon_eyes:.....I feel the same way! I'd want to drive it ASAP
looks great

Sonny

I'll let you haul my cooler and lawn chairs this summer when we go to a few shows. :tongue5:

Polys can be made to haul the mail. Just steer clear of those thinkin they can get 4-500 for a stock 4 bbl intake. <rolls eyes>

I love that wagon! I can't wait to see your project and for now enjoy it the way it is and drive the heck out of it.

Congrats on the new ride!

That's right. Them Weiands are nice. I'll keep an eye out. If I see a deal, I'll send it your way.

I bought this car last week, I'm the 3rd owner, bought new in
'63 from a sweet little ol lady... The car was sold in in 1992 where the guy drove the car for about 8 years. The car is a 318 poly with a 3 speed and 35,000 original miles... I am making some cosmetic changes, adding a 4 speed, wheels, tires, exhaust and some other stuff to make it mine... I will add pics as I go. It looks awesome sitting next to my 65 Plymouth!!

Hi, would you consider selling the original wheels?

I have a 1963 Fury 4 door that has mags on it and I would love to have the original steelies again, but I can't find any where I am.

Please let me know

Thanks

Miguel

Auto Transport Service
Back