• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Viper T56 or a new Magnum

Jambonez

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys
It's that time to slap in a six speed in my 69 Roadrunner it has a built 440 with around 600 hp. I was looking at T56 Magnums and was about to pull the pin on one but then a new fresh out of the crate 06 Viper TUET 2062 T56 went for sale for around half the price of the Magnums and its only 2 hrs away from me which is a bonus.
My question is the T56 has a rating of 550 tq but everywhere I see is saying there good up to 650-700
Will it hold up on a street car witch sees the track a few times a year?
I know the Magnum is rated for 700hp
Also with a QuickTime bell housing does a guy need to cut down the longer input shaft or does the bell housing compensate for that?

Thanks for everyone time

Get the magnum, built for the power and fits better

Magnum has the mechanical speedo output and is stronger...

That being said if you get a screaming deal on the Viper trans you can convert to a magnum tailshaft with mechanical speedo really easy... also the 550hp "limit" is usually the 5/6 gears that frag when putting lots of torque through them - so on a street car you'd be pretty good

Auto Transport Service
Back