• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from the Northwest

Ltlgto

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello to all ! I've joined this forum before I even have a B Body, but have questions for the experts.
I have a chance to possibly pick up not one but two '65 Belvederes. A I-two door sedan and a II-two door hardtop.

The II supposedly has the original 361 small block. It has the distributor near the firewall so I'm guessing it's more likely to be a 318.
belvedere2motor.jpg

The I was originally a slant 6 according to the tag but it now has a V8 with the distributor at the front of the block.
belvedere1motor.jpg

Anyone able to tell from these photos?

Will be asking a lot of questions if and when I get one or both of these barn finds.

Welcome to the site! Regardless of the engine sizes, I would pick them up if I were you. They are very desirable cars. Good luck!

Ltlgto , Little GTO she's really looken fine! ...LOL... Let me guess your a Pontiac/GTO guy or at least a fan of the song. Welcome to the FBBO forum. I would get both cars if you can, they are very popular for most Mopar fans. Good luck.

Ltlgto , Little GTO she's really looken fine! ...LOL... Let me guess your a Pontiac/GTO guy or at least a fan of the song.

Budnicks, good guess on the name. I grew up with Pontiacs. Most people can't quite figure the nickname out. I still love the cars, but I've really come to like the B Bodied Mopars. I'd hope to get both, but I especially want the post car. It's in a lot better shape. Isn't that what people use for A990 clones? I don't necessarily want to do that, but who knows. I like the looks of the slanted rear pillar and rear window of the II more personally though. The Satellite is what I was looking for but these are pretty close.

belvedere I sedan is a great car if not too rusted. i got one and its my favorite out of all my cars to race.
grab it and fix it up if not too pricey. and welcome to fbbo.

Attachments

• 65hemibelvederewheelstandlvd91110.jpg
    65hemibelvederewheelstandlvd91110.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 65%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE_63%20MAX%20WEDGE%20SAVOY_A12%20ROADRUNNER%20002.JPG
    65%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE_63%20MAX%20WEDGE%20SAVOY_A12%20ROADRUNNER%20002.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 168
welcome,like everyone else said if you can get both of them i'd do that and maybe sell one to help finance the one you want to keep.

Thanks for the welcomes!
Found out today that I'm only going to be able to get the hardtop for now for $2k. The sedan belonged to a son that passed away 10 years ago and the mother isn't quite ready to let it go (which is understandable). But...the sedan belongs to the daughter now and she wants to let it go, so it may just be a matter of time.
So the '65 Belvedere II that I'm getting is not in to bad of shape. Body panels are straight for the most part. Some surface rust but no rust through. Even the floor and trunk looked pretty solid (we were in a pretty dark barn though when we checked it out). It doesn't run now and hasn't for a few years, but it did when it was parked so thats promising. Missing at least 2 wheels and tires. She thinks her dad might have put them on something else sometime. What size are the wheels? Are they 5 on 4.5" ? Here's a few pics:
belvedere2front.jpg

belvedere2leftside.jpg

belvedere2rightside.jpg

belvedere2rear.jpg

belvedere2interior.jpg

belvedere2rearseat.jpg

Welcome to FBBO.

I think the rims should be 5,0". Look:

I think that is the rim width, but thanks Chris78 for looking.

Detmatt1, thanks. I hope it's as good as we could tell while in a dark barn. I'm curious to find out what motor is in it. I think a 318 or 273. Hope to get it home this weekend.

welcome to the FBBO... gotta love thme b-bodies! i know i do!

Attachments

• 0624011929.jpg
    0624011929.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 182
Auto Transport Service
Back