• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with a 1979 300

jbozsr

Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Hello, new member from Cleveland with a 79 300 pretty clean cali car needs interior work but my current issue is the wipers!

Welcome, Bowser, nice car you got, let's see a pic. Oh, and a very common malady with wipers on those cars.

Welcome, Bowser, nice car you got, let's see a pic. Oh, and a very common malady with wipers on those cars.

IMG_3732.jpeg

IMG_3733.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

Looks very nice.

I have one too. Bought it new off the showroom floor in 1980.

Several other FBBO members also own some.

Fun and reliable car.

Member @LS-300 is maintaining a list of VINs and options for the 1979 Chrysler 300 Registry.

1979 Chrysler 300 Registry

Tilt wheel?
Power windows?
Power door locks?
Remote trunk decklid release? (it's in the glove box)
Rear window defroster?
8 track?

My wipers went south around 1991. They are probably ready to go again. I bought a NOS one from Chrysler in 1991 and it wasn't a repair kit. It was the arms and cam all assembled and ready to go.

I believe a guy on FCBO has a solution for the wiper part that usually breaks. @patrick66 might know who on FCBO.

Last edited:
my current issue is the wipers!

Maybe you've already seen these on eBay?

Windshield wiper repair kit for 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 Chrysler Cordoba​

s-l1200~2.jpg
s-l1200 (1)~2.jpg

Tilt wheel?
Power windows?
Power door locks?
Remote trunk decklid release? (it's in the glove box)
Rear window defroster?
8 track?

My wipers went south around 1991. They are probably ready to go again. I bought a NOS one from Chrysler in 1991 and it wasn't a repair kit. It was the arms and cam all assembled and ready to go.

I believe a guy on FCBO has a solution for the wiper part that usually breaks. @patrick66 might know who on FCBO.
Tilt windows , power windows and locks am/fm radio and rear defrost

Auto Transport Service
Back