• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nicks 426 Whats Missing?

I also listened to you RC. I am the winner listed as Jo, as my wife's name is Jolene.
Thanks for the great advice. :thumbsup:

upload_2018-1-1_20-36-16.png

Left you a shoutout RC!!

Hard to see in the pic, but it says...
Special thanks to RC on For B Bodies Only!!

Congrats to RC for being first here.
I also learned something new that answered my question from 1981. I bought an- oval- baseplate (in that year) from a dodge dealer for my 69 coronet that was "NOS" (a new part that came from dealer stock in 1981). It did not have the nipple port for the choke heat tube.
I am left to assume that the baseplate I bought was not for 69. Maybe 70 or 71?
I still have the tube of topic but no place to connect to my air cleaner.

Last edited:
And you all thought I was just another pretty face.

View attachment 555165

OK, thanks for jogging my memory on the choke heat tube feature. It's an old design going back to when the first automatic chokes where designed maybe late forties. GM and Ford used them longer as did fifties Mopars.

I'm one of the lucky winners too, number 2 on the list, "redxl883c". Not sure why they listed Holzbach first on the list because his entry was more recent than mine, but no biggie. Got a shirt coming my way. Woohoo!

Shout out to RC...I won a t shirt too, I was 8th on the list (Russel Finch ). That boy Richard sure knows his hemi's...thanks Richard

Hope he posts to Australia ! Lol

Last edited:
Congrats to RC for being first here.
I also learned something new that answered my question from 1981. I bought an- oval- baseplate (in that year) from a dodge dealer for my 69 coronet that was "NOS" (a new part that came from dealer stock in 1981). It did not have the nipple port for the choke heat tube.
I am left to assume that the baseplate I bought was not for 69. Maybe 70 or 71?
I still have the tube of topic but no place to connect to my air cleaner.

my 68 street hemi didn`t have that ! So much adoo about nothing !

Auto Transport Service
Back