• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Rallye Dash Tacchometer from Charger Specialties question

DasFusca

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Non-Rallye Dash Tachometer from Charger Specialties question

Right out of the box its rests at just over 5000 rpms. when I tested it....as soon as power was applied it set to 0. It appeared to read the revs correctly when the engine was running. But when I cut the power it crept back up to the 5000 rpms again.

Is that the way these are suppose to work?

Year one had trouble answering the question.
Charger Specialties told me that if I hook power up it will reset to 0 but they never told me it would creep back up to read 5000 rpms when car is shut down.

Thanks for your help

IMG_5897.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG

Just doesn't sound right to me.....I would call them and send it back...

Thanks for the advice Moparnation 74. I sent the tachometer back to Year One. They were great. I called and explained the problems. They paid for it to be shipped back to them. When I got home tonight, the replacement had already arrived and it is much better. Here are the pictures of it. It has a few differences in the packing that put less pressure on the needle. The center of the needle looks more metallic then the first one. This one also has less "touch ups" in the flat black. I am happy with this one.

IMG_5923[1].JPG IMG_5924[1].JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back