• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a Chevy guy but....

68Moparmaniac

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
I had the chance Sunday to get some track time in at the Utah motorsports park with the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. I was supposed to get some time in a Hellcat Challenger but it was off track getting tires and brakes, it would have been an hour wait so I was switched over to the Vette. Kinda a bummer because I was really looking forward to driving the Hellcat but the C8 didn't disappoint. Damn thing handled like it was on rails and the power wasn't as brutal as the Hellcat but pretty damn smooth. Was out there hanging with some Ferraris and Lambos without breaking a sweat. Had a blast, weather and track conditions were perfect, couldn't ask for a better Sunday.
thumbnail_IMG_2084.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2085.jpg

Very kool car, and a bargain compared to the Italian competition. The thing is… it looks to much like a Ferrari. But it ain’t.

Very kool car, and a bargain compared to the Italian competition. The thing is… it looks to much like a Ferrari. But it ain’t.
Absolutely. I don't care for that new styling whatsoever, in my view they destroyed the classic "cues" of the Corvette style years ago. Like GM did with the Camaro, while Ford kept somewhat better with the Mustang. Chrysler did the best by leaps and bounds with the Challenger, the best of that bunch by far.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I don't care for that new styling whatsoever, in my view they destroyed the classic "cues" of the Corvette style years ago. Like GM did with the Camaro, while Ford kept somewhat better with the Mustang, while Chrysler did the best by leaps and bounds with the Challenger, the best of that bunch by far.
Totally agree. And I live outside of Philly. There’s a Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer on the Mainline. The guys that drive them don’t take them to a track… they are just status symbols. The Italian cars are a Rolex to the Corvette’s, Timex.

You can keep your Ferraris and Lambos, for the best bang for the buck, it's a Corvette.
Yup the 3LT package with some nice upgrades @ $87grand compared to half a million dollar Ferrari.. you are so right my friend. Besides I couldn't afford the price of a tune up on that Italian piece. Owning a Ferrari is as practical as owning a sinking yacht unless you got money to burn...

Great to have fun, the C8 even C6-C7's makes a good/decent driver
out of a mediocre driver too, great handling & good power, pushrod engine

I'd rather play with a Hellcat too,
but the C8 would be a blast too

the styling isn't my favorite,
I'm a mid-year C2 65 (425hp 393 4-speed spec.) type of guy
or an early C3 68-71 or even a C1 61-62 fuely

Auto Transport Service
Back